David Winfield Huddleston
David Huddleston is an evangelical minister and Christian author born in Harrodsburg, Kentucky on October 15, 1943. He has preached and ministered in more than 100 places in North America, Europe, and the Caribbean and is the author of Life's Spiritual Instruction Book and Spiritual Jetstreams.
Huddleston is an alumnus of the University of Kentucky and Asbury Theological Seminary. He holds Master of Divinity and Doctor of Theology degrees and is a former Boeing 727 pilot with Eastern Air Lines where he flew extensively throughout Latin America and the Caribbean while based in Miami, Florida. He is the world's only known best-selling Christian author/ intercontinental airline pilot.
The third oldest of four children of James Irvin Huddleston Sr. and Lucile Gabhart Huddleston, David Huddleston grew up in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. He made his commitment to Christ as a young boy in the Methodist church in Harrodsburg.
David preached his first sermon in 1982 and since has preached and ministered in more than one hundred venues on three continents including:
Saint Ursula's Anglican Church, Berne, Switzerland The English Speaking Church, Torino, Italy Mt. Hermon United Presbyterian Church, Lambs River, Jamaica Chapelle des Charmettes Swiss Reformed Church, Neuchatel, Switzerland Mt. Horeb United Presbyterian Church, Cambridge, Jamaica First United Methodist, Church, Naples, Fl Forest Baptist Church, Baltimore, MD Harrodsburg United Methodist Church, Harrodsburg, KY L'Abri, Huemoz, Switzerland Southeast Christian Church, Louisville, KY Christ Church Cathedral, Louisville, KY Christ UMC, Lexington, KY St. Paul UMC, Louisville, KY Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY Charisma Chapel, Naples, FL St. Ann's Catholic Church, Naples, FL Southland Christian Church, Lexington, KY First Baptist Church, Naples, FL East Naples UMC, Naples, FL Lely Presbyterian Church, Naples, FL Anchorage Presbyterian Church, Louisville, KY Middlesboro Presbyterian Church, Middlesboro, KY Grace Bible Church, Naples, FL Everglades City Community Church, Everglades City, FL First Baptist Church, Everglades City, FL Saint Luke United Methodist Church, Lexington, KY Centenary UMC, Lexington, KY Faith United Church, Lexington, KY First Baptist Church, Harrodsburg, KY Harrodsburg Community Church, Harrodsburg, KY Family of God Church, Harrodsburg, KY South Jefferson Christian Church, Louisville, KY Elm Fork Christian Church, Nicholasville, KY Occidental, CA Squaw Valley, CA Mackville Church of Christ, Mackville, KY Tulum, Mexico Veterans Memorial Park, Jeffersontown, KY Irvine UMC, Irvine, KY Red Hat UMC, Irvine, KY Highland UMC, Stanford, KY Kings Mountain UMC, Stanford, KY Antioch UMC, Junction City, KY Burlington, VT Cardinal Hill Chapel, Lexington, KY Twinbrook Chapel, Louisville, KY Bowens UMC, Danville, KY McKendree UMC, Stanford, KY Slate Hill UMC, Danville, KY Preachersville UMC, Danville, KY Willow Springs UMC, Liberty, KY Wesley Chapel UMC, Perryville, KY Moorings Park Chapel, Naples, FL Caldwell Chapel, Louisville, KY Duncan Memorial Chapel, Crestwood, KY Asheville, North Carolina
David and his wife, Edie, have two children, Sean Jameson Huddleston and Heather Huddleston Jemley. They also have five grandchildren.
- Life's Spiritual Instruction Book (1994)
- Spiritual Jetstreams (2003)
- "Heart Talk", monthly Christian advice column in The Christian Voice (2000–2001).
- "Former pilot steers readers to Holy Spirit in 'Spiritual Jetstreams,'" Lexington Herald Leader, November 8, 2003.
- "Little words offer big hope in best selling Christian book,'Life's Spiritual Instruction Book,'" Lexington Herald Leader, March 31, 1996.
- "David Huddleston leads ecumenical mission trip to Jamaica," Naples Daily News, June 6, 1988.
- "'Life's Spiritual Instruction Book' tops holiday sales list," Religious Bestsellers, Joseph-Beth, December, 1994; Independent Publishers
- "Life's Spiritual Instruction Book #3 in U.S.," Bestsellers, May 1998.
- "Kentucky native pens bestseller," Harrodsburg Herald, October 20, 1994.
- "Naples pastor writes best-selling book: 'Life's Spiritual Instruction Book,'" Naples Daily News, June 11, 1994.
- "Dr. David Huddleston writes inspirational book," Lexington Herald Leader, September 24, 1994.
Candler School of Theology at Emory University alumni