|Full name||David Richard Worrall|
|Date of birth||12 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Manchester, England|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|2007–2010||West Bromwich Albion||0||(0)|
|2008||→ Accrington Stanley (loan)||4||(0)|
|2009||→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)||12||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Bury (loan)||19||(3)|
|2014||→ Oldham Athletic (loan)||18||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:32, 1 November 2015 (UTC).
David Richard Worrall (born 12 June 1990) is an English footballer, who plays as a midfielder for Southend United. He has previously been on the books of Everton and Chester City and played professionally for West Bromwich Albion and Bury.
He made his first-team debut for Bury against Bristol Rovers on 18 November 2006, coming on as an 81st-minute substitute.
West Bromwich Albion
Worrall was signed by West Bromwich Albion for £50,000 on scholarship forms until the end of the season on 30 March 2007. In 2007 he played only for the reserves and scored three goals in six appearances in midfield for West Bromwich Albion reserves. In July 2007 he signed a professional three-year contract, becoming a member of West Brom's first team squad. Worrall made his Albion debut in a 1–0 League Cup victory against Bournemouth on 14 August 2007, coming on as a substitute with 15 minutes of the match remaining.
On 6 August 2009, he rejoined Bury on loan. On 26 September 2009 he scored his first goal in 2–0 win over Lincoln City at Gigg Lane. He rejoined the Shakers on a free transfer on 8 January 2010 after signing a two-and-a-half-year contract. On 25 April 2011 he scored in his club's 3–2 win over league leaders Chesterfield, a game which confirmed Bury's promotion to League One. Worrall has been one of Bury's most consistent performers, winning the 2011/12 Player of the Season. He has frequently been scouted by a host of Championship clubs, and was the subject of a £150,000 bid from Crawley Town in August 2012, which was rejected by the Shakers board.
Oldham Athletic (Loan)
On 3 January 2014, Worrall signed for Oldham Athletic on loan until the end of the season. Manager of Oldham Lee Johnson was a fond admirer of Worrall and actually was close to signing him in the Summer transfer window but lost out to Rotherham United who were able to bid a larger fee to acquire the player, then when Johnson saw Worrall had fallen out of favour at Rotherham, he swooped in to sign the player on a loan for the rest of the season.
Lee Johnson is so fond of the player that upon signing him on loan he stated that he wants to sign the player permanently and would "like to come to some kind of agreement" to sign the player permanently to Oldham Athletic
Worrall scored his first for the club in his second appearance after returning from injury, in the memorable 5–4 comeback win against Peterborough United, scoring the second Latics goal with a finish into the top right-hand corner on the edge of the box.
Worrall stated that he would love to stay at Oldham Athletic, saying "I would love to stay here, the staff, the gaffer and the lads know that and I think it would be a good move for me".
Worrall returned to Rotherham United at the end of season after the end of his loan, appearing 18 times and scoring once.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Pick a number...". West Bromwich Albion F.C. 16 October 2007. Retrieved 16 October 2007.
- "West Brom sign youngster Worrall". BBC Sport. 30 March 2007. Retrieved 30 March 2007.
- "Worrall completes three-year deal". West Bromwich Albion Football Club. 8 June 2007. Retrieved 8 June 2007.
- "Stanley sign Baggies youngster". Sky Sports. 25 August 2008.
- "Worrall pens Shakers deal". Sky Sports. 8 January 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "Chesterfield 2–3 Bury". BBC Sport. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "Millers sign David Worrall from Bury". BBC Sport. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Oldham sign David Worrall, Gary Harkins and Adam Lockwood". BBC Sport. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Johnson eyes permanent transfer for Millers winger". Oldham Chronicle. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Oldham Athletic 5–4 Peterborough United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "Worrall – I'd Love to Stay Here". Oldham Chronicle. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "David Worrall: Southend United sign ex-Rotherham United winger". BBC Sport. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.