Yelldell with Duisburg in 2011.
|Full name||David Yelldell|
|Date of birth||1 October 1981|
|Place of birth||Stuttgart, West Germany|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2002–2003||Stuttgarter Kickers II||24||(0)|
|2005||→ Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)||3||(0)|
|2012–||Bayer Leverkusen II||8||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 March 2014.
David Yelldell (born 1 October 1981) is a German-born American soccer player who plays as a goalkeeper for Bayer Leverkusen in the Bundesliga. Although he was born in Stuttgart, he has been capped for the United States national team.
Yelldell was the first choice goalkeeper for TuS Koblenz until suffering a knee ligament injury which kept him out of the final four matches of the 2009–10 2. Bundesliga season, when the club were relegated to the 3rd Liga.
The next season saw him signing with Bundesliga giants Bayer Leverkusen. He made his debut and currently sole competitive appearance for the club in a first round DFB-Pokal match, a 3–4 surprise defeat at Dynamo Dresden on 30 July 2011.
Born to a German mother, and an American father who was in the U.S. military, Yelldell holds dual citizenship and would have been eligible to play international soccer for either the United States or Germany. He was first called up by the US team in 2011 for a friendly against Argentina. He earned his first national team cap three days later, on March 29, 2011, in another friendly against Paraguay, replacing Marcus Hahnemann at half time. Despite not conceding during his time of play, the US lost this meeting 1-0.
- "Yelldell, David" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "Aus für Torwart Yelldell" [Without goalkeeper Yelldell] (in German). Kicker.de. April 12, 2010. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "Marheineke ebnet Duisburg den Weg" [Marheineke paves the way for Duisburg] (in German). Kicker.de. August 13, 2010. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "Yelldell Proud to Wear the U.S. Shirt as He Reports to First National Team Training Camp". U.S. Soccer. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "David Yelldell" (in German). Kickersarchiv. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Yelldell.|
- Official website (German)
- David Yelldell career statistics at Soccerbase
- David Yelldell at fussballdaten.de (German)
- David Yelldell at National-Football-Teams.com