David Young (judge)
David Young is an American judge, who starred on Judge David Young, a daytime nationally syndicated court show. He is the first openly gay TV judge. He also hosts the Justice with a Snap! radio show on the OutQ channel on Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio, both owned by Sirius XM Radio, Inc.
After serving as president of the student body government as an undergraduate at Tulane University, Young attended the University of Miami School of Law. He subsequently became an elected judge in the Miami-Dade County judicial system, until his resignation from the bench in 2007 to star in his own daily television court show.
Scott Bernstein and David Young got married on December 14, 2014. Scott Bernstein is also an elected judge in the Miami-Dade County judicial system.
Young was an assistant state attorney under Janet Reno when she was Florida State Attorney. In 2000, he was elected Circuit Court judge in Miami-Dade County. The local Republican Party tried to recruit him as a congressional candidate in 2004 but the party's negative stance towards gay politics convinced him to join the Democratic Party. His last day as a circuit judge was declared "Judge David Young Day". He is also a member of the board of the Humane Society.
After his two year television career, Young was elected back to the Circuit Court of Miami Dade County Florida without opposition in 2016.
Satellite radio show
Sirius XM Radio, Inc. announced on May 4, 2009 the launch of Justice with a Snap!, a new radio show hosted by Young. It airs on Saturdays on both Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio on the OutQ channel.
- Jensen, Michael (September 5, 2007), "Interview with Judge David Young", AfterElton.com, archived from the original on December 12, 2007, retrieved 2007-12-18
- The Miami Herald: Judge David Young: Out for publicity
- Bajko, Matthew S. (September 6, 2007), Gay judge gavels his way into TV history, retrieved 2007-12-18
- Episode airing 2007 Nov 6. "A woman sues for damages to her car's bumper". Network: CW
- "America West pilots convicted of being drunk in cockpit", USA Today, July 8, 2005, retrieved 2007-12-18
- The Miami Herald: Miami’s Judge David Young gets show on Sirius XM radio’s gay OutQ channel