David Yu (born 6 November 1967) is the former chief executive officer of Internet betting exchange Betfair and a tech investor.
Education and early career
He became chief technology officer of Betfair in 2001. He was promoted to the position of CEO in January 2006 during a turbulent time for the company that saw the shakeup of the positions of CEO and Chairman with Sir Robert Horton being forced out as Chairman. As an IT guy, Yu's promotion to the helm was unusual. He took the company public on the London Stock Exchange in October 2010. David Yu stood down as CEO and from the Board on 31 December 2011.
- "TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals". Silicon.com. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Moules, Jonathan (2011-06-21). "From Silicon Valley to Silicon Britain". FT.com. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Garrahan, Matthew (2006-01-05). "Horton forced out of Betfair after pressure from investors". FT.com. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals". Silicon.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-03. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Johnson, Bobbie. "Transferwise unveils Levchin, other superstar backers". Gigaoam. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- Interview with Silicon.com
- Video of TechCrunch interview
- Succession process for CEO of Betfair to begin
Sir Robert Horton (executive chairman)
|Chief Executive of Betfair
January 2006 - July 2012