|Date of birth||12 April 1985|
|Place of birth||Sarzana, Italy|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2005–2006||→ Massese (loan)||29||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Torino (loan)||16||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Sassuolo (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 May 2018
Born in Sarzana, Liguria, Bassi was a product of Empoli's youth system, joining the team in 2002, but started his professional career at Tuscan club Massese in 2003. In 2005, he returned to Empoli in a co-ownership deal. Bassi formally returned to Empoli on 1 July 2006. He became the team's first choice goalkeeper, ahead Daniele Balli, during the second half of the 2007–08 Serie A season. After the team were relegated, he remained as the first choice keeper. During the 2010–11 Serie B season, he left for Torino, to replace the recently departed Matteo Sereni. Empoli signed Jasmin Handanović to replace Bassi.
In July 2013 Bassi changed his shirt number to no.28. He was the team's first choice goalkeeper during the 2013–14 Serie B season. However, the next year, he was a backup to Luigi Sepe during the 2014–15 Serie A season.
In January 2017 Bassi was released.
On 1 March 2017 Bassi was signed by Lega Pro club Parma on a free transfer, as an emergency signing to replace injured Pierluigi Frattali. However, on 3 April he was released again, due to the recovery of Frattali, as well as Parma ran out of quota to keep in their 25-men squad list. Bassi was the starting keeper for the Emilian club in March, winning 1 game, 2 draws and 1 lose, conceding 4 goals. The match played on 2 April, Bassi was the backup of Frattali.
Bassi was never capped for Italy at international level until the 2008 Toulon Tournament. The coach rested the regular starters of the under-21 team, and instead picked Bassi and Enrico Alfonso. They both shared the first choice goalkeeping role, as Italy went on to win the tournament. However, despite his success, Bassi did not go on to represent the under-23 side at the Beijing Olympics that summer.
- "Trasferimenti 2005" (PDF). lega-calcio.it (in Italian). Lega Nazionale Professionisti. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 November 2007. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Numerazione ufficiale prima squadra" (in Italian). Empoli FC. 30 July 2013. Archived from the original on 13 August 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Mercato Atalanta: Bassi in nerazzurro" (in Italian). Atalanta B.C. 27 June 2015. Archived from the original on 29 June 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Operazioni di mercato" [Market Operations] (in Italian). Atalanta B.C. 19 January 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Giovedî la presentazione del nuovo portiere Crociato Bassi" (in Italian). Parma Calcio 1913. 1 March 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Bassi, risoluzione consensuale del contratto" (in Italian). Parma Calcio 1913. 3 April 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Mercato: lo spezzino Davide Bassi a difesa della porta aquilotta" (Press release) (in Italian). Spezia Calcio. 10 July 2017. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "Carriera di Davide Bassi". Tutto Calciatori. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- FIGC (in Italian)
- Lega Serie A profile (in Italian)
- Lega Serie B profile (in Italian)
- Davide Bassi at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to association football in Italy, about a goalkeeper, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|