Calabria with Milan in 2018
|Full name||Davide Calabria|
|Date of birth||6 December 1996|
|Place of birth||Brescia, Italy|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 September 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11 September 2018
Calabria is a youth exponent from Milan. He made his Serie A debut on 30 May 2015 against Atalanta, replacing Mattia De Sciglio at the 84th minute in a 1–3 away win. On 15 July 2015 Calabria was officially promoted to the first team. He made his first start in a 3–2 win over Palermo on 22 September, playing 49 minutes, and was highly praised for his performance. He scored his first professional goal for AC Milan against AS Roma on matchday 26 of the 2017/18 Serie A season.
Style of play
Calabria is a quick and modern full-back who likes to get forward and support his team's attacking moves. His strong overlapping offensive runs, crossing ability, and solid technique caused problems for Juventus in the 2016 Coppa Italia Final although it was him who did not chase Alvaro Morata down his flank properly to prevent a creation of scoring opportunity. Regarded as a promising young player, defensively, his positioning, decision-making, and tackling are commendable, and he has also drawn praise from pundits and former footballers for his maturity and personality in spite of his youth. Although he is not physically dominant, he is gifted with good pace and stamina, and can also recover to his defensive position quickly, which enables him to cover the flank effectively. A former midfielder in his youth, while he is mainly deployed as a right-back, he is a highly versatile player who is capable of playing in several positions, and is equally adept at left-back due to his ability with both feet, despite being naturally right-footed.
- As of 23 September 2018.
- "Atalanta vs. Milan - 30 May 2015 - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 2015-05-31.
- http://www.goal.com/en/match/roma-v-milan/bu8o5xaimlezfmki729slslt6. Missing or empty
- "U21: Italy squad for Euros named". Football Italia. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZ9H1MGalA 2:57
- Blair Newman (22 September 2016). "Davide Calabria Is Ready to Take Ignazio Abate's Spot at Right-Back for AC Milan". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Paolo Menicucci (3 October 2015). "UEFA.com's weekly wonderkid: Davide Calabria". UEFA.com. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Davide Calabria at Soccerway