|Davidson Themba Masuku
SSAS MMM KStJ
|Born||8 March 1940|
|Died||4 April 2000
Johannesburg, South Africa
|Service/branch||South African Military Health Service|
|Commands held||Chief of the SAMHS|
Lieutenant-General Davidson Masuku SSAS MMM KStJ (8 March 1940 - 17 April 2000) was a South African military commander and physician. He joined Umkhonto weSizwe (MK), the military wing of the African National Congress, and was its Chief of Health Services from 1993 to 1994, when MK was incorporated into the South African National Defence Force.
He was trained as a doctor in Russia and qualified in 1981 as a surgeon.
Awards and Decorations
- Star of South Africa, Silver (SSAS)
- Military Merit Medal (MMM)
- "Davidson Themba 1940-2000". eggsa.org.
- Leon Engelbrecht. "Fact file: Surgeons General". defenceweb.co.za.
- "Beeld Johannesburg Finaal Donderdag 06 April 2000 Bl. 6: Geneesheer-generaal van weermag gaan dood aan kanker". 1.88. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
|Chief of the South African Military Health Service
1997 – 2000
Jurinus Janse van Rensburg
|This biographical article related to the South African military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|