Joseph on a United Service Organizations tour in Afghanistan in 2013
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||November 22, 1983|
|Place of birth:||Hallandale, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||313 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Hallandale (FL)|
|NFL draft:||2006 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Davin Joseph (born November 22, 1983) is an American football guard who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Oklahoma. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first round (23rd overall) in the 2006 NFL Draft. He has also played for the St. Louis Rams.
Joseph was born in Hallandale, Florida, and is of Haitian descent. He played high school football at Hallandale High School. While there he was a four-year starter at both guard and defensive line and played in a school-record 532 plays. During his senior year he was the Broward County Defensive Player of the Year and was awarded All-State after recording 100 tackles and 24 sacks. He was also a two-time 2A state and a national wrestling champion at heavyweight in Florida.
Joseph played college football at Oklahoma. During his freshman year he was named Freshman All-Big 12 by The Sporting News. As a senior he was a consensus First-Team All-Big 12 selection. He finished his career playing in 50 games with 29 starts at guard and 11 starts at left tackle.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Joseph was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23rd overall in the 2006 NFL Draft. During his rookie season he started 12 of 13 games at right guard. In his second season in the NFL he became a full-time starter, starting all 16 games at right guard for the buccaneers. He was selected to his first Pro Bowl after the 2008 season as a substitute. On Jul 28, 2011, Joseph agreed to terms with the "Bucs" on a seven-year, $53 million contract including $19 million guaranteed. He was selected to his second Pro Bowl during the 2011 season.
In the third preseason game against the New England Patriots in 2012, Joseph hurt his knee when teammate Donald Penn blocked defensive end Chandler Jones into his knee. Joseph was later placed on injured reserve, ending his season.
Joseph was released by Tampa Bay on March 8, 2014.
St. Louis Rams
In 2011, Davin Joseph established the Davin Joseph Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization devoted to enhancing the athletic and performing arts programs in three Title-One public schools in Tampa and Hallandale, Florida, respectively.
Davin Joseph has won several awards such as :
- 2015 Rainbow Push Community Service Award
- Induction in the Broward County Athletic Association Wrestling Hall of Fame (2013)
- Byron “Whizzer” White Award (2012)
- City of Hallandale Beach, FL and its Mayor proclaimed July 12–14 forever recognized as Davin Joseph Football Week (2012)
- Featuring on Fox13, Tampa’s local news station for “What’s Good in Tampa Bay?” segment (2012)
- Cover story in “Focus Magazine”, recognizing his commitment to the community of Tampa, FL (2011)
- "These Days, Everybody's All-American Just May Be a Haitian". Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Chart: Haitian Americans in the NFL". Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- St. Louis Rams Sign Davin Joseph