Davis Bottom, Lexington
|Neighborhood of Lexington, Kentucky|
|• Total||0.017 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|• Density||2,143/sq mi (827/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Davis Bottom is a neighborhood just southwest of downtown Lexington, Kentucky, United States. Its boundaries are Broadway to the south, CSX railroad tracks to the west, High Street to the north, and Maxwell Street to the east. The area is also referred to as Davistown.
The area has seen a boon in development in recent years as several abandoned tobacco warehouses have been razed with new condominiums built in their place. The Newtown Pike Extension is being built along the neighborhood's southern tier which has caused the displacement of many of the residents.
- Population: in 2000: 36
- Area: 0.017 square miles (0.044 km2)
- Population density: 2,143 people per square mile
- Median household income (2010): $24,229
- Davis Bottom Neighborhood Profile Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- 2011-12 Neighborhoods with Primary and Alternate Schools (PDF), Fayette County Public Schools, retrieved 2011-09-02
- Hewlett, Jennifer (January 1, 2011). "Davis bottom residents displaced by Newtown extension". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
|This Fayette County, Kentucky state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|