The southern end of the reef is sometimes called "Davis Ledge."
The Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI, the research arm of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission), the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, the Coral Restoration Foundation (CRF), the Wildlife Foundation of Florida (WFF), and the family of the late Charlie Stroh have recently begun a program of "outplanting" corals around Davis reef.
Approximate coordinates: Coordinates:
- Barbara H. Lidz, Christopher D. Reich, and Eugene A. Shinn. Systematic Mapping of Bedrock and Habitats along the Florida Reef Tract—Central Key Largo to Halfmoon Shoal (Gulf of Mexico). USGS Professional Paper 1751 Tile 2, Davis and Alligator Reefs
- Benthic Habitat Map
- Davis Reef Restoration Partnership/Project Summary, retrieved 12 January 2011
- Restoring Coral Reef Off Florida Keys, Posted by WFN on October 26, 2010
- NOAA National Marine Sanctuary Maps, Florida Keys East
- NOAA website on Davis Reef
- NOAA Navigational Chart 11464