Davis Township, Fountain County, Indiana
Location of Davis Township in Fountain County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||23.71 sq mi (61.4 km2)|
|• Land||23.54 sq mi (61.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.17 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||712 ft (217 m)|
|• Density||29/sq mi (11/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453253|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.71 square miles (61.4 km2), of which 23.54 square miles (61.0 km2) (or 99.28%) is land and 0.17 square miles (0.44 km2) (or 0.72%) is water. It contains no incorporated settlements but four unincorporated ones. Both Maysville Crossing and Riverside lie in the northwest part of the township along the Norfolk Southern Railway line; Riverside is across the Wabash River from Independence in neighboring Warren County. Roberts is in the eastern part of the township, and Vine is near the center. There is a naturally occurring hollow in the Township known as Possum Holler. It's a ready-made weather break for those who live there and a lovely drive for those passing through. The area is rich in a wide variety of indigenous flora and fauna. Many locals refuse to live anywhere else calling the Holler home for generations
The township contains Maysville Cemetery, to the southwest of Maysville Crossing. Salem Cemetery is also within Davis Township and is located southeast of the location marked Vine but north of State Rd 28.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "State Road 28". Highway Explorer. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "State Road 341". Highway Explorer. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Maysville Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Davis Township, Fountain County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
||Warren Township, Warren County||Shelby Township, Tippecanoe County
Wayne Township, Tippecanoe County
|Richland Township||Jackson Township, Tippecanoe County|