|Traded as||BVC: PFDAVVNDA|
|Efrain Enrique Forero Fonseca, (Chairman)|
|Revenue||US$1.7 billion (2012)|
|US$393.1 million (2012)|
|Total assets||US$26.6 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
Davivienda is a Colombian bank founded in 1972 that renders services to individuals, companies, and the rural sector. Currently, it is part of Grupo Bolivar is the third-largest bank in Colombia by assets and profits.
The Corporación Colombiana de Ahorro y Vivienda, Coldeahorro, was created in August, 1972. It opened its doors to the public on November 15, 1972, with the main branch in Bogotá, and one branch in each of the cities of Medellín, Cali, and Barranquilla.
On January 30, 1973, Coldeahorro changed its name to Corporación Colombiana de Ahorro y Vivienda, Davivienda.
On July 1, 1997 Davivienda became Banco Davivienda S.A. and in May, 2006 it merged with Banco Superior. In 2006, it purchased Granbanco S.A - Bancafé from the Colombian government for USD 2.2 billion, outbidding Banco de Bogotá by USD 327 million. The acquisition allowed Davivienda to expand its business in the corporate and agricultural markets.
Davivienda has used the "Casita Roja" (small red house) as a national and international logo since 1973. In 1994, the company introduced the «Lugar equivocado» (wrong place) tag line as part of its advertising campaigns.
- "Davivienda quiere entrar en la pelea". dinero.com. PUBLICACIONES SEMANA S.A. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Davivienda.Historical profile of Davivienda. Consulted on December 30, 2010
- "Se vendió Bancafé". dinero.com. PUBLICACIONES SEMANA S.A. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Revista Portafolio. Davivienda , la marca alegre que no está en el lugar equivocado. Consulted on December 30, 2010.
- HSBC Sells Latin American Businesses
- "Fed approves Banco Davivienda branch in Miami". colombiareports.com. Colombia Reports. Retrieved 22 July 2015.