Davoren Park, South Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
|Population||6,780 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Playford|
Davoren Park is a suburb at the northern extent of the Adelaide metropolitan area, South Australia in the City of Playford. The suburb was formed as part of a merger between Elizabeth Field and the northern part of Elizabeth West on 11 November 1993. It is named after the Davoren family, who were early pioneers of the area.
The Playford North Urban Renewal project to expand and upgrade the area commenced in 2007 and is expected to take 10–15 years. The project focuses on the Peachey Belt (an unofficial designation roughly comprising Davoren Park, Smithfield and Smithfield Plains), which has been identified as a disadvantaged area.
In popular culture
- Davoren Park is featured prominently in the second season of the Australian thriller Secret City.
- 2006 Census of Population and Housing, Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2006
- "Placename Details: Davoren Park". Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Government of South Australia. 11 March 2009. SA0018142. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Suburb and Locality Map Index" (PDF). Land Services SA. 2 August 2012. p. 25. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- "Playford North Urban Renewal Project: Questions and Answers" (PDF). Playford.sa.gov.au. City of Playford. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- "Playford Alive". Retrieved 7 July 2010.
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|