Dawn Mello is an American Fashion retail executive and consultant and the former fashion director and President of what is perhaps Manhattan's most exclusive retail clothing emporium Bergdorf Goodman. Currently she is the President of her own firm President of Dawn Mello & Associates LLC.
in 1975 Mello was hired by Bergdorf's then chairman Ira Neimark to become the store's fashion director. It was during this tenure at the store (of which she would later become President) that she is credited with discovering and promoting the talents and designs of future Seventh Avenue superstar, Michael Kors in the nineteen eighties she was a mentor to Donna Karan.
- "The New York Times". mobile.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Dawn Mello: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Women's | 5th at 58th - The Bergdorf Goodman Blog". blog.bergdorfgoodman.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-10. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Donna Karan celebrates 25 years in fashion - The Daily Beast". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Review: 'Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's' engages the senses - latimes". articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.