Dawood University of Engineering and Technology
|Motto||Dissemination of knowledge to all who wish to strive|
|Chancellor||Governor of Sindh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Faizullah Abbasi|
|Registrar||Ghulam Shabbir Bughio|
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Colours||Cyan, Black, White|
Established in 1962 as a public university, its initial financial endowment and foundation stone of the Dawood College of Engineering & Technology was laid by the former President of Pakistan (Late) Ayub Khan in 1962. The University was established by Dawood Foundation under the supervision of Seth Ahmed Dawood in 1964. It is regarded as one of the oldest institution of higher learning in engineering and science, and offers undergraduate programmes in engineering and architecture. It is one of the notable institution in Karachi and secured its placed in "engineering category" by the HEC, as of 2010. The university is distinguished for its commitment and strong emphasis on energy science programmes and studies in architectural styles.
On March 2013 the Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh ACT No. XII of 2013, upgrading it to a University. Its academic and administrative control has been vested in the Syndicate, Senate and Academic Council as per ACT. The Vice- Chancellor is the Principal Executive and Academic Officer of the University.
Dawood University of Engineering and Technology has two campus. Main campus where all engineering programs are conducted. Another campus is Iqbal campus where architect and planning program is conducted. The University offers four year degree programs in the field of engineering and Five year in the Field of architecture.
The Engineering departments include Electronics, Chemical, Industrial & Management and Metallurgy & Materials. From the session 2010-2011, the University has introduced four new departments namely Energy & Environment, Petroleum & Gas, Telecommunication, and Computer System Engineering.
The University has two campuses, one located near Quaid-e-Azam Mausoleum and the other situated at Block-17 Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi. These campuses comprise various facilities including class rooms, state of the art lending and reference libraries, laboratories, workshops, drawing halls, Students cafeteria, auditorium, with a capacity of 650, seminar rooms girls common room etc.
Faculties and Departments
The university offers B.E. degree programs. It has nine main departments:
- B.E Petroleum & Gas Engineering (*in process to gaining accreditation from PEC, 2015)
- B.E Chemical Engineering
- B.E Electronics Engineering
- B.E Telecommunication Engineering (*in process to gaining accreditation from PEC, 2015)
- B.E Computer System Engineering (*in process to gaining accreditation from PEC, 2015)
- B.E Industrial Engineering & Management
- B.E Metallurgy & Material Engineering
- B.E Energy & Environment Engineering (*in process to gaining accreditation from PEC, 2015)
- B.arch Architecture & Planning (*in process to gaining accreditation from PEC, 2015)
Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering
|Motto||Leading To The Petroleum Future|
|Chairman||Bharat Kumar Harani|
|Motto||Pivotal Element in the field of Computing|
|Chairman||Dr. Munaf Rashid|
Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering was established in 2011. This department intake its first batch in 2011 of 50 students.
Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering will be establishing well oriented laboratories in the future where students can practice their practicals. However few laboratories are established where students performing their practicals and doing research work.
The main campus has adequate teaching and laboratory facilities for undergraduate programs leading to the degree of the Bachelor of Engineering in various disciplines. The Library has over 10,000 books, and internet connectivity is available. The largest auditorium has 600 seating capacity, and there is a student cafeteria.
The university offers scholarships for students securing top three positions in class.
The University also hosts sports events, Welcome Parties are also arranged and a book fair for new students to buy course books on discounted rates.
PEC-Event Seminar On Engineer in Society https://www.facebook.com/events/799563730073295/?ref=5
Project And Poster Presentation Competition (MOPRAD Society) https://www.facebook.com/events/522686407845132/?ref=5
- NED University of Engineering and Technology
- Mehran University of Engineering and Technology
- List of Universities in Pakistan
- "Vice-Chancellor's Message". Vice-Chancellor's Message. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Administration". Dawood University of Engineering and Technology. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- Google. "Address and location of the DUET". Google maps inc. Google maps. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- About DUET. "About DUET". About DUET. About DUET. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- DUET Press. "University introduction". DUET. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "HEC Rankings". HEC Rankings. Retrieved 28 April 2014.