Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology
Daxing District in Beijing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||10 subdistricts
|District seat||Xingfeng Subdistrict (兴丰街道)|
|• Total||1,012 km2 (391 sq mi)|
|• Density||660/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Daxing District was upgraded from a county to a district with the approval from the State Council on April 30, 2001. Covering an area of 1,012 square kilometres (391 sq mi) with a population of 671,444, Panggezhuang in Daxing is famous for its watermelons.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Xingfeng Subdistrict||兴丰街道||Xìngfēng Jiēdào||57,478||9.66|
|Linxiao Road Subdistrict||林校路街道||Línxiàolù Jiēdào||50,917||12.65|
|Qingyuan Subdistrict||清源街道||Qīngyuán Jiēdào||102,402||5.58|
|Guanyinsi Subdistrict||观音寺街道||Guānyīnsì Jiēdào||73,061||16.40|
|Tiangongyuan Subdistrict||天宫院街道||Tiāngōngyuàn Jiēdào||22,433||33.30|
|Yizhuang Area||亦庄地区||Yìzhuāng Dìqū||55,318||39.63|
|Huangcun Area||黄村地区||Huángcūn Dìqū||168,444||35.00|
|Jiugong Area||旧宫地区||Jiùgōng Dìqū||193,585||29.73|
|Xihongmen Area||西红门地区||Xīhóngmén Dìqū||141,355||31.20|
|Yinghai Area||瀛海地区||Yínghǎi Dìqū||49,612||36.79|
|Qingyundian Town||青云店镇||Qīngyúndiàn Zhèn||69,157||70.00|
|Caiyu Town||采育镇||Cǎiyù Zhèn||34,073||71.6|
|Anding Town||安定镇||Āndìng Zhèn||29,963||78.00|
|Lixian Town||礼贤镇||Lǐxián Zhèn||33,347||92.06|
|Yufa Town||榆垡镇||Yúfá Zhèn||56,002||136.00|
|Panggezhuang Town||庞各庄镇||Pánggèzhuāng Zhèn||46,632||109.30|
|Beizangcun Town||北臧村镇||Běizāngcūn Zhèn||31,524||60.00|
|Weishanzhuang Town||魏善庄镇||Wèishànzhuāng Zhèn||43,712||81.5|
|Changziying Town||长子营镇||Zhǎngzǐyíng Zhèn||32,985||63.00|
|Beijing Economic and Technological Development Area||北京经济技术开发区||Běijīng Jīngjì Jìshù Kāifāqū||73,112||46.80|
Located in the south of Beijing, the area is not as affluent as those that most visitors to Beijing are familiar with, such as Xidan and Guomao. Much of the industry in Daxing is related to distribution of food and consumer goods to service Beijing. There are many self-built communities casually created by the residents themselves, mostly of whom have moved in from the countryside.
Government and infrastructure
The Beijing Municipal Administration of Prisons operates the following correctional facilities in the district:
There are two major universities located in Daxing District, the Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology and the Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication. Both of them are headquartered in Tsingyuan, and have its branch in Kangzhuang. Tsingyuan and Kangzhuang are planned as a university city in the south of Beijing. The Yang Guang Qing School of Beijing is also located in the district.
Daxing is currently served by two metro lines operated by Beijing Subway:
- Daxing Line - Xihongmen, Gaomidian North, Gaomidian South, Zaoyuan, Qingyuanlu, Huangcun Xidajie, Huangcun, Yihezhuang, Biomedical Base, Tiangongyuan
- Yizhuang Line - Jiugong, Yizhuangqiao, Yizhuang Culture Park, Wanyuanjie, Rongjingdongjie, Rongchangdongjie
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Daxing District.|
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Travel guide from Wikivoyage|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
Danxing's Camps by Andrew Malone. August 16, 2008.
- 2000 Census.
- These towns are officially classified as subdistricts, but as they coincide with the area of the same name, they are commonly named "areas" (地区)
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：大兴区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "监狱简介." Beijing Municipal Prison. Retrieved on 15 May 2015. "通信地址：北京市大兴区219信箱"
- Home page. Beijing Women's Prison. Retrieved on May 15, 2015. "地址：北京市大兴区"
- "呷哺呷哺餐饮管理有限公司招聘启事" (Archive). Beijing University of Agriculture. 2014-04-23. "我们的联系方式 呷哺呷哺（中国）总部地址：北京市大兴区黄村镇孙村工业开发区海鑫南路15号"