Day Job (Suburban Legends album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Suburban Legends|
|Released||April 3, 2012|
|Suburban Legends chronology|
Day Job is Suburban Legends' fifth album, released on April 3, 2012. Aaron Bertram, Brian Robertson, Derek Rock, and Vincent Walker appeared on local online radio program TNN Radio to announce the album on February 18, 2012.
The band's first full-length album since 2008's Let's Be Friends and Slay the Dragon Together, Day Job has been heavily promoted by band as a fully ska album, following several releases that explored disco, funk, and pop rock. Included in the release are four re-recorded tracks from the 2010 EP Going on Tour, songs originally intended from earlier releases such as "Take the Next Step," which was written originally for 2003's Rump Shaker, as well as three songs which the band has long performed live with no previous studio recording: "Girlfriend's Pretty," which was first performed live no later than 2005, and two Disney covers: The Little Mermaid's "Under the Sea" and The Lion King's "I Just Can't Wait to Be King."
Suburban Legends held a formal release party show for the album on May 4, 2012, at Chain Reaction in Anaheim, California, with local bands The Originalites, The Long Holidays, and Hooray for Our Side.
|2.||"Open Up Your Eyes"||Suburban Legends|
|3.||"Love Fair"||Suburban Legends|
|5.||"Dude Alert"||Suburban Legends|
|6.||"My Friend"||Suburban Legends|
|7.||"I Just Can't Wait to Be King"||Tim Rice, Elton John|
|8.||"Snack Break"||Suburban Legends|
|9.||"Just Be Happy"||Suburban Legends|
|10.||"Take the Next Step"||Suburban Legends|
|12.||"Girlfriend's Pretty"||Suburban Legends|
|13.||"Under the Sea"||Alan Menken, Howard Ashman|
|14.||"Can't Stop It (feat. Lyrics Born)"||Suburban Legends|
- Vincent Walker - Lead vocals, trumpet, acoustic guitar, keyboards
- Brian Klemm - Lead guitar, backing vocals, Co-lead vocals on "Love Fair", "Just Can't Wait to be King" and "Girlfriend's Pretty"
- Brian Robertson - Trombone, backing vocals
- Derek Lee Rock - Drums, backing vocals
- Brad Polidori - Bass, backing vocals
- Christopher Cron - Piano, keyboards, background vocals
- Lyrics Born - Vocals on "Can't Stop It"
- Matt Olson - Percussion, harmonica
- Mikey Hachey - Bass on tracks 2-6, 10-12, 14
- Rika Homma - Gang vocals
- Miho H. Robertson - Gang vocals
- Naoko Hiratsuka - Gang vocals
- The track "Girlfriend's Pretty" appeared in an episode of MTV's The Real World: Portland.
- The song "My Friend" is an ode to the popular 3rd Wave Ska Band (from Huntington Beach) Reel Big Fish.
- Phelps, Matt. "Brian Klemm - Suburban Legends - Interview Exclusive". Uber Rock. Uber Rock. Retrieved 18 March 2015.