Day One (TV series)
|Country of origin||United States|
Javier Grillo-Marxuach (supervising producer)
Day One was a planned NBC sci-fi television movie—originally a television series pilot—about apartment residents that survive an unknown worldwide cataclysm that destroys modern infrastructure. The movie/pilot was directed by Alex Graves, who previously directed the pilot episodes for the Fox television series Fringe and Journeyman. According to NBC's Angela Bromstad, the show was originally expected to fill the Heroes time slot after the 2010 Olympics. It has been reported since that the show will never air.
While originally intended to air on NBC midseason in the 2009–10 television season with a thirteen-episode order, it was reported on October 1, 2009, that the episode order had been reduced to four and would air as a mini-series. On January 10, 2010, it was announced that only the pilot would air, as a television movie. The NBC President of prime-time entertainment told the Television Critics Association that "it will be a pilot where you could see where it could go in series, but there will be a resolve at the end of the two hours. If the TV movie performs well the story may be continued." On May 16, 2010, Entertainment Weekly reported that the show would likely never air.
- Julie Gonzalo as Kelly – the lead character, who is struggling with guilt over failing to save her fiance's life.
- Derek Mio as a character caught in a hostage situation.
- Addison Timlin as a character caught in a hostage situation.
- Adam Campbell
- Catherine Dent
- David Lyons
- April Grace
- Carly Pope
- Thekla Reuten
- Xander Berkeley
- Anders, Charlie Jan (2009-07-08). "io9: The Middleman Is Part Of Day One's DNA". io9. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Hibberd, James (2009-03-05). "NBC: 'Heroes' will return next fall". The Live Feed. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Hollywood Destroys the World The Wall Street Journal
- "NBC Fall Schedule". Hollywoodinsider.ew.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Schneider, Michael (2009-10-01). "NBC opts to air 'Day One' as miniseries". Variety.
- "NBC's sci-fi Day One shrinks again: Now it's just a movie | Blastr". Scifiwire.com. Retrieved 2012-06-12.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2009-03-11). "Slew of pilots flesh out casts". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on March 20, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-25.