Day One (app)
|Developer(s)||Bloom Built, LLC|
|Operating system||Android, macOS, iOS|
Day One is a personal journaling app available for Android, macOS and iOS devices. Some features include: data syncing with multiple devices; end-to-end encryption, Markdown authoring of entries; location, weather, date, time, and other automatic metadata; quick entry menu bar (Mac only); and reminders.
In 2014, Day One added Publish, a service for publishing selected entries to a Day One-hosted webpage and sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other social services. The application has been reviewed by Macworld, The Verge, Lifehacker and other tech websites. The Mac version of Day One was chosen as "Mac App of the Year" in 2012 by the Mac App Store and won an Apple Design Award in 2014 for being "super well-designed on OS X and being exactly what it needs to be and nothing more."
Day One 2
On February 4, 2016, the developers, Bloom Built, introduced Day One 2 for Mac and iOS, citing the release as a full app rebuild. The update introduced a visual overhaul and new features such as multiple journals and photos.
On June 12, 2017, Bloom Built added end-to-end encryption to Day One 2 after two years of development. The update was a culmination of the Day One Sync services launched in 2015 as a replacement for iCloud and DropBox sync.
- Blanc, S (19 November 2013). "The very best journaling and logging app Day One". The Sweet Setup.
- Klosowski, T (11 March 2014). "Day One Adds a Publish Function to Make Journal Entries Public". Lifehacker. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Alderman, N (19 August 2014). "Day One review: A Mac app that's so nice, you'll actually maintain your journal". Macworld. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Hamburger, E (3 August 2012). "Day One: journal app nirvana in the Twitter age". The Verge. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Klosowski, T (23 October 2013). "Day One for Mac Updates with Maps Integration, Filters, and More". Lifehacker. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Price, E (16 December 2012). "22 Best Mac Apps of 2012". Mashable. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Apple Design Awards". asciiwwdc.com. 2 June 2014.
- Mayne, Paul (29 January 2016). "Introducing Day One 2". Day One Blog.
- Mayne, Paul (2017-06-13). "Day One Encryption". Day One. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
|This mobile software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|