D.A.V. College Managing Committee
|Formation||1 June 1886|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|India, Fiji, Nepal, Mauritius, Singapore|
|Hindi, English & Other Regional Languages|
|Mahatma Hansraj, Rai Bahadur Lal Chand, Bhagat Ishwar Das , Lala Dwarka Das, Rai Bahadur Durga Das|
|Affiliations||CBSE, ICSE,Other Regional Boards & Arya Samaj|
The D.A.V. College Managing Committee, familiarly known as DAVCMC is a non-governmental educational organisation in India and overseas with over 800+ schools, 75+ colleges and a university. It is based on the ideals of the religious and social reformer, Swami Dayanand Saraswati. The Dayand Anglo-Vedic education system also comprises colleges offering graduate and post-graduate degrees in various areas of study all over India.
Founded in 1886 in Lahore by the efforts of Mahatma Hansraj. These schools are run by the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, also commonly known as the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic Education Society. It holds the record for producing the largest number of CBSE (class Xth and XIIth) toppers as a single institution in the last 10 years. Today, institutional records of the 'D.A.V. College Trust and Management Society' are part of the Archives at the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library, at Teen Murti House, Delhi.
English is the primary language of instruction, with students also receiving compulsory education in Hindi and Sanskrit or a regional language. Presently, the DAV movement has grown to become the single largest non-governmental educational society in the country managing 750+ educational institutions, apart from D.A.V. Public Schools spread over the country and even in foreign land with an annual budget of more than INR ₹2 billion. It employs 50,000+ people and educates more than 20 lakh students every year.
There are over 75+ colleges across the country for graduate and post-graduate programmes.
There are over 62 aided schools across the country which are being run by DAVCMC in co-operation with various state and the union government.
There are around 800+ schools across the nation for studies up to higher secondary level.
Freedom fighter Sardar Bhagat Singh and Hindi film actress Kangana Ranaut have been students of DAV. Atal Bihari Vajpayee (Bharat Ratna and Former Prime-Minister of India), Dr. Manmohan Singh (former Prime-Minister of India), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Former Indian cricket Captain), Yuvraj Singh (Indian Cricket Player), Kapil Dev (former Indian Cricket Captain) Anupam Kher (well Known Actor), Shah Rukh Khan (well known actor), Kalpana Chawla (Astronaut) And Many more. Prince singh
D.A.V. Colleges Outside India
- DAV College, Ba, Ba (town), Fiji
- DAV College, Suva, Nabua, Suva, Fiji
- Dr. Jugroo Seegobin D.A.V. College, Port Louis, Mauritius
- D.A.V. College Saint André, Mauritius
- DAV Sushil Kedia Vishwa Bharati Higher Secondary, Kathmandu, Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal
- D.A.V. Dedraj Sewal Devi Todi Higher Secondary School, Biratnagar, Nepal
- D.A.V. Hindi School, Singapore at Syed Alwi Road, Little India, Singapore
- DAV University
- "Archives". Nehru Memorial Museum & Library.
- "DAV University, Jalandhar". davuniversity.org.
- http://www.aryasamaj.org.fj/Educational%20Institutions/dav_college_nabua.html. Missing or empty
- "Dr. Juroo Seegobin DAV College - Port Louis". aryasabhamauritius.mu.
- "DAV College-Morc. St Andre". aryasabhamauritius.mu.
- "D.A.V. Hindi School". davschool.edu.sg.