|Genres||Punk rock, post-hardcore, alternative rock, melodic emocore|
|Labels||Vagrant, Edge, Siren|
|Past members||Pat Pedraza
No Motiv is a punk rock band from Oxnard, California. The current line up includes Jeremy Palaszewski on lead vocals/guitar, Max McDonald on guitar/vocals, Jeff Hershey on bass/vocals, and Roger Camero on drums. Camero moved from bass to drums when drummer Pat Pedraza left the band to join alternative rock band From Satellite. The group has not released an album since 2011 but has formed several notable side projects.
Their first album, Cynical, was distributed by Edge Records. Their second album, Scarred, is a collection of unreleased demos and remixes also released by Edge Records. No Motiv subsequently left Edge for unspecified reasons. The band signed to Vagrant Records and had success with the 2004 release Daylight Breaking, which reached No. 36 on Billboard's Top Independent albums chart.
No Motiv has played only a handful of live shows since 2014. While the band has never released an official statement announcing their breakup, they're considered to be on hiatus and inactive. Jeremy and Jeff reside in Ventura, CA, and started recording material under a new band called Monster Hand, which was disbanded shortly after. Palaszewski then started a solo projects entitled Sea Greens and Hershey, and assembled a soul group Jeff Hershey and The Heartbeats. Max lives in Brooklyn, NY and has been recording material under the solo moniker Gentlemen. Roger resides in Irvine, CA, and plays bass for Peace'd Out, and writes songs under the name He Fails Me.
- Jeremy Palaszewski (pronounced 'Pala-shef-ski'): guitar, lead vocals
- Max McDonald: guitar, vocals
- Jeff Hershey: bass, vocals
- Roger Camero: drums
- 1995: No Motiv 7" (It's Alive Records)
- 1996: No Motiv / The Choice split 7" (It's Alive Records)
- 1996: Cynical (Edge Records)
- 1998: Scarred (Edge Records)
- 1999: And the Sadness Prevails... (Vagrant Records)
- 2001: Diagram for Healing (Vagrant Records)
- 2003: LOLA EP (Vagrant Records)
- 2004: Daylight Breaking (Vagrant Records)
- 2011: Winterlong EP (Siren)
The song "Independence Day" was featured on the soundtrack of the video game Burnout 3, the songs "Give Me Strength," "Going Numb," and "To The Roots" were featured on the soundtrack of the video game TransWorld Surf. Their cover of "Space Age Love Song" is featured in Not Another Teen Movie.
- Inc, CMJ Network (2004-01-26). CMJ New Music Report. CMJ Network, Inc. ISSN 0890-0795.
- Billboard, Allmusic.com
- "Transworld Surf: Soundtrack - VIDEOGAME HOT SOUNDTRACKS". Transworld Surf. Retrieved 2017-07-18.