This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dayna Martin is an unschooling advocate, author, and conference speaker. She founded Unschooling United, a non-profit organization dedicated to the radical unschooling movement.
Martin is an advocate of "radical unshooling", which she describes as "an evolution of our understanding about learning and the rights and respect of children." Martin founded Unschooling United, an international parent-to-parent education and support organization that connects volunteer facilitators with unschooling families. It's not currently active.
|“||Learning is the goal all the time. They learn 24/7. They learn all day, every day. It’s kind of a belief in how children learn. It’s the belief that children learn when they’re internally motivated, as opposed to somebody else’s agenda. Education is not the goal of unschooling.||”|
In 2005, Martin founded the Babywearing Project, a community outreach program designed to educate new parents about the benefits of babywearing and to provide free baby carriers to financially challenged families. There are similar projects founded under the same name.
- Radical Unschooling: A Revolution Has Begun. Tasora Books. (2009) ISBN 978-1-934690-12-3.
- "Die Freie Familie ... oder die Freiheit über Lernen und Leben selbst zu bestimmen" Tologo Verlag (2011) ISBN 978-3-940596-13-0.
- "The Labyrinth of Life Learning," Life Learning: Lessons From the Educational Frontier. Edited by Wendy Priesnitz. The Alternate Press. (2009) ISBN 978-0-920118-17-7.
- "Warum Freilernen uns nicht natürlich zufliegt", Das Freilerner-Buch: Betrachtungen zum Leben ohne Schule. Edited by Jan Hunt. The Natural Child Project. (2008) ISBN 978-3-937797-05-2.
- Martin, Dayna: "Welcome!". UnschoolingAmerica.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-02.
- Unschooling United. "About Unschooling United". Retrieved on 2009-08-05. Archived April 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Dr. Phil Show (Episode 796). "The Great School Debate". DrPhil.com, 2007. Retrieved on 2009-08-03.
- The Dr. Phil Show (Episode 796): "The Great School Debate", (p.3). DrPhil.com, 2007. Retrieved on 2009-08-03.
- Alternative Education: These Kids Don’t Go to School
- Mothering. "Activism Alerts: The Babywearing Project". Mothering.com, June 2005. Retrieved on 2009-08-04. Archived July 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Willow Toys. "Introducing Dayna Martin's New Book". WillowToys.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-02.
- Tologo Verlag. "Die Freie Familie". tologo.de. Retrieved on 2015-07-25.
- Life Learning Magazine. "Life Learning: Lessons from the Educational Frontier". LifeLearningMagazine.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-02.
- The Natural Child Project. "The Unschooling Unmanual (German Version)". Anahita Verlag. Retrieved on 2009-08-03.