Upamecano with Red Bull Salzburg in 2016
|Full name||Dayotchanculle Oswald Upamecano|
|Date of birth||27 October 1998|
|Place of birth||Évreux, France|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2004–2007||Vaillante S. Angers|
|2008–2009||FC De Prey|
|2016–2017||Red Bull Salzburg||17||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:39, 10 November 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 October 2019
Upamecano is a product of the youth team of Valenciennes FC. After attracting the attention of a number of major European clubs, including Manchester United, he joined Red Bull Salzburg in July 2015 for a reported fee of €2.2 million. He was an unused substitute in Red Bull's UEFA Champions League game against Malmö FF on 29 July 2015. He made his professional debut for Red Bull's farm team, FC Liefering, two days later, in a 2–1 league win against St. Pölten.
Born in France, Upamecano is of Bissau-Guinean descent. He played for the France under-16 team that finished third in the 2014 Aegean Cup. He played in three of his country's four games and was named the competition's best defender. He subsequently moved up to the France under-17 squad, making his debut in a European Championship qualifier against Cyprus on 27 October 2014. France won the 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, with Upamecano playing in all six of his country's matches and being named in the team of the tournament. He made his debut for France under-18 in a 0–0 friendly draw with United States under-18 on 4 September 2015.
- As of match played 12 April 2018
|Liefering||2015–16||Österreichische Erste Liga||16||0||—||—||—||16||0|
|Red Bull Salzburg||2015–16||Österreichische Fußball-Bundesliga||2||0||0||0||0||0||—||2||0|
- "Dayotchanculle Oswald Upamecano". Bundesliga. Retrieved 30 October 2019.
- "Manchester United target Dayot Upamecano signs for FC Red Bull Salzburg". International Business Times. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Red Bull Salzburg 2 – 0 Malmö FF". Eurosport. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "FC Liefering gewinnt zu neunt gegen St. Pölten" (in German). FC Red Bull Salzburg. 31 July 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "RB Leipzig sign Dayot Upamecano from Red Bull Salzburg". Goal.com. 13 January 2017.
- "Dayot Upamecano, l'autre Français de Leipzig". leprogres.fr. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Dayot Upamecano: Who is the Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal target?". Sky Sports. 2 June 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Dayot Upamecano" (in French). French Football Federation. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "USA win 2014 Mercedes-Benz Aegean Cup". Turkish Football Federation. 26 January 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Dayot Upamecano". UEFA. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Team of the Tournament". UEFA. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "France – Etats-Unis" (in French). French Football Federation. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Dayot Upamecano Socceway Profile". Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Team of the Tournament". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dayot Upamecano.|