|Former editors||Jefferson Hack, Rankin|
Dazed (formerly Dazed & Confused) is a monthly British style magazine founded in 1991. Its founding editors were Jefferson Hack and fashion photographer Rankin. It covers music, fashion, film, art, and literature.
Beginning as a black-and-white folded poster published sporadically, the magazine soon turned full colour, promoted with London club nights.
Dazed Film & TV
In 1999 Dazed Film & TV was founded, a production company that would produce the first masthead television broadcast ever, the one hour special Renegade TV Gets Dazed, for Channel 4. In 2001 the Dazed Group, as it styled itself, launched the luxury biannual Another Magazine. In 2005 the Group launched Another Man, a biannual fashion title for men.
In April 2011, Dazed & Confused launched its first live festival in East London, Dazed Live, featuring live music performances from Gang Gang Dance, Factory Floor, Black Devil Disco Club, About Group (featuring Hot Chip's Alexis Taylor), SBTRKT, Caribou, and more.
In November 2006, Dazed launched a new web based strand of the magazine titled Dazed Digital, which delivers fashion, film, music and art news and online events.
In 2010 Dazed, partnered with Converse, later also with Resident Advisor, launched its £6000 Emerging Artist Award in association with the Whitechapel Gallery for UK-based commercially unrepresented artists, under the age of 35.
- 2010 Shortlist: Peter Ainsworth, Francesca Anfossi, Steve Bishop, Laura Buckley, Jess Flood-Paddock
- 2011 Shortlist: Gabriele Beveridge, Ellie Harrison, Bruce Ingram, Samuel Levack & Jennifer Lewandowski, Richard Parry
- 2012 Shortlist: Pio Abad, Leslie Kulesh, Myles Painter, Samara Scott
- 2013 Shortlist: Joey Holder, Ben Washington, Adham Faramawy, Faye Green, Christian Newby
In April 2002 Dazed & Confused Japan was launched.
On 16 May 2008, Dazed & Confused Korea published its first issue.
- "Dazed". Dazed Digital. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- "Converse and Dazed partner with the RA for the 5th Emerging Artists Award. Keep up to date with the latest news and features below.". Dazed Digital. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Emerging Artists Award". Dazed. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Dazed & Confused Japan 01 2002 April". Ent2.excite.co.jp. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- "Dazed and Confused Korea Launch". Slamxhype. Retrieved 21 May 2012.[dead link]