This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of employees
dbMotion is a vendor of health Interoperability solutions for connected healthcare that enable healthcare organizations to meaningfully integrate and leverage their information assets.
dbMotion facilitates interoperability and health information exchange (HIE) for health information networks and integrated healthcare delivery systems. The service-oriented architecture (SOA) based dbMotionTM Solution gives caregivers and information systems secure access to an integrated patient record composed from a patient's medical data maintained at facilities that are otherwise unconnected or have no common technology through which to share data, without requiring the replacement of existing information systems. dbMotion can interoperate with multiple different vendor products and the architecture’s modularity allows for multiple approaches to sharing medical information e.g. centralized, distributed/federated or any hybrid format.
dbMotion can dovetail the clinical vocabulary, or semantics, from disparate systems from different vendors, together, making it possible to view all medication orders across ICU, med/surg, and ambulatory environments, for example, on a single screen. The use of interoperability can enhance efficiency and improve quality of care.
dbMotion was founded in Israel in 1996 within Ness Technologies's business intelligence solutions unit, which developed the dbMotion product as an innovative healthcare software solution. In 2004 dbMotion was established as an independent company with support from various venture capital investments. In January 2007, Ness Technologies announced the sale of its ownership interest in dbMotion for $6 million to its other shareholders. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), one of the company's first customers, also acquired a stake in the company.
- "The Power of Better Clinical Decision-Making: Driving Data & Best Practices to the Point of Care." CMIO 2009-03-31.
- "Attendees Ponder HIMSS Plusses and Minuses." Healthcare Informatics 2008-02-27.
- "Semantic Interoperability Transforms Quality and Safety Effort." Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare 2009-03.
- "Data Sharing." ADVANCE for Health Information Executives 2009-06
- "Data Center Opportunities." Health Management Technology 2009-06
- "Ness Technologies Announces Sale of its Ownership Interest in dbMotion", PR Newswire, Jan 2007
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions is acquiring Israeli healthcare software provider dbMotion for $235 million, Reuters, Mar 5, 2013