DeKalb Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 20, 1850|
|• Total||35.37 sq mi (91.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.12 sq mi (91.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.24 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.68%|
|Elevation||866 ft (264 m)|
|• Density||1,331.9/sq mi (514.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60111, 60115, 60150, 60178|
|GNIS feature ID||0428884|
DeKalb Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 46,781 and it contained 18,006 housing units. DeKalb Township was originally named Orange Township, but was renamed on November 20, 1850.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.37 square miles (91.6 km2), of which 35.12 square miles (91.0 km2) (or 99.29%) is land and 0.24 square miles (0.62 km2) (or 0.68%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these six cemeteries: Evergreen, Fairview Park, Oaklawn, Pleasant Street, Saint Mary's Catholic DeKalb and Whitmore.
Airports and landing strips
- Hoffman Airport
- Kishwaukee Comm Health Heliport
- Dekalb Community Unit School District 428
- Sycamore Community Unit School District 427
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "DeKalb Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||South Grove Township||Mayfield Township||Sycamore Township|
|Malta Township||Cortland Township|
|Milan Township||Afton Township||Pierce Township|