DeLana Harvick at Charlotte Motor Speedway. May, 2011.
July 7, 1973 |
Kernersville, North Carolina
|Known for||Former co-owner/manager of Kevin Harvick Incorporated|
DeLana Lynn Harvick (née Linville; born July 7, 1973) is the wife of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Kevin Harvick. She is a former co-owner and manager of Kevin Harvick Incorporated, a racing team in NASCAR's Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series. It was announced in September 2011 KHI was being sold to Richard Childress, owner of Richard Childress Racing.
A native of Kernersville, North Carolina, DeLana has been around auto racing for practically all her life. Her first visit to a race track came at three weeks old. She is the daughter of former Busch Series driver John Paul Linville and Joyce Linville and grew up around garages and race tracks. After high school she earned a college degree from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro.
DeLana first met Harvick in 2000 during a race at Michigan International Speedway. At the time she was working in public relations for driver Randy LaJoie. DeLana had previously worked in a similar capacity for Jeff Gordon and had even dabbled in race driving herself. DeLana and Kevin were married on February 28, 2001 in Las Vegas, Nevada, shortly after Harvick made his Cup debut. Unlike many NASCAR wives, she can often be seen during a race on top of the pit box wearing a custom-made fire-suit.
The couple have sold their home in Kernersville, North Carolina and moved to Charlotte with their son, Keelan Paul Harvick (born July 8, 2012), three dogs and two cats. The Harvicks recently sold their vacation home in Kiawah Island, South Carolina.
Kevin Harvick Foundation
In 2010 DeLana and husband Kevin established the Kevin Harvick Foundation (KHF). The foundation supports programs that enrich the lives of children throughout the United States. Programs such as the Kevin Harvick Athletic Scholarship Fund at California State University, Bakersfield and University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, a camper cabin at Victory Junction Gang Camp, Baptist Children’s Homes of NC, Boys & Girls Clubs and Kevin’s Krew are aimed at not only improving the quality of life of underprivileged youth in the short term, but to also realize and pursue their dreams in life. The annual "Happy's Classic Golf Tournament", held in Kevin's native Bakersfield, California, and the Kevin Harvick Foundation Pro-Am golf event in Greensboro, North Carolina help fund the foundations activities.
- "Harvick sheds owner label to keep focus on winning first Cup title". CNN. 23 November 2011.
- "About Kevin Harvick Foundation". Harvick Foundation website. 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Kevin Harvick Biography". JockBio.com website. 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Kevin Harvik biography". official website KevinHarvick.com. 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "For Harvick-Logano feud, where there's smoke, there's fire(suit)". USA Today. 7 June 2010.
- "Kevin, DeLana Harvick become first-time parents". USA Today newspaper website. 8 July 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Kevin Harvick hosts successful Third Annual Happys Classic Golf Tournament". Paddock Talk.com. 9 November 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Kevin Harvick Foundation Pro-Am kicks off Wyndham Championship week". WGHP-TV website. 13 August 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.