DePaul Catholic High School
|DePaul Catholic High School|
|1512 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ, (Passaic County), 07470
|Type||Private, coed. high school|
|Motto||Large Enough to Challenge, Small Enough to Care|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|President||Joseph M. Tweed|
|Vice principal||Sr. Jeanne Agans|
|Chaplain||Fr. Michael Lee|
|Faculty||60.6 (on FTE basis)|
|Average class size||21|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.0:1|
|Athletics conference||Big North Conference|
|Accreditation||AdvancEd, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Impressions (literary magazine)|
|Affiliation||Diocese of Paterson|
|Department Chairs||Nicholas Lombardi
|Dean of Students||Christine McGovern|
|Director of Admissions||John Merritt|
|Athletic Director||Joe Lennon|
DePaul Catholic High School is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Wayne, in Passaic County, New Jersey, United States, that operates under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1989.
DePaul Catholic was established in 1956.
The program of studies offered at DePaul Catholic High School seeks to equip college-bound students with a foundation for the pursuit of academic excellence while emphasizing a curriculum tailored for individual differences. Students learn to apply their knowledge and training toward their ongoing development of the Whole Person.
DePaul Catholic is a college preparatory high school offering advanced placement, honors, college prep, and foundations levels of study. In the Class of 2015, 98% of graduates are attending colleges and universities. Graduates in the Class of 2015 were awarded over $10.5 million in academic merit-based scholarships, and 99% of the graduates have gone on to colleges, universities, and technical schools.
All students and faculty use Tablet PC laptop computer/notebooks connected using a wireless Internet system.
The DePaul Spartans competes in the Big North Conference, following a reorganization of sports leagues in Northern New Jersey by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Before the NJSIAA's 2010 realignment, the school had competed in the Northern Hills Conference an athletic conference made up of private and public high schools located in Essex, Morris and Passaic counties.
There are over 20 varsity sports for boys and girls in the school. The athletic director is Joe Lennon, who is also the varsity baseball coach. The mascot is the Spartan and the colors are green and white. The sports teams that are available include: Boys- baseball, basketball, bowling, cross country, football, golf, ice hockey, lacrosse, skiing, soccer, swimming, track and field, winter track, volleyball, wrestling; Girls- basketball, bowling, cheer leading (football, basketball, wrestling), cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, skiing, swimming, track and field, volleyball, winter track. 23 varsity teams for boys and girls and 30 extracurricular activities are offered.
The girls field hockey team won the Parochial A North state sectional title in 1982, and went on to win the Parochial A state championship that year, defeating Holy Spirit High School in the title game.
The football team won the Non-Public B North state sectional championship in 1992 and won the Non-Public II state title in 2013 and 2014.
The boys wrestling team won the Parochial B North state sectional title in 1993, and won the Non-Public B North sectional title in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. The team won the Parochial B state championship in 1993 and the Non-Public B state title in 2014.
85% of students and staff are members of "Stand Tall", DePaul's voluntary drug prevention program, which offers voluntary and school-sponsored, drug testing for students and staff.
- School Data for De Paul Catholic High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed January 25, 2016.
- DePaul Catholic High School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 25, 2016.
- De Paul Catholic High School, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools. Accessed June 20, 2011.
- Tuition and Fees for 2015-2016, DePaul Catholic High School. Accessed January 25, 2016.
- Passaic County Secondary Schools, Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson. Accessed June 20, 2011.
- DPCHS. "DePaul Catholic High School History". DePaul Catholic High School website. Retrieved 2007-08-01.
- League Memberships – 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 25, 2016.
- Home Page, Northern Hills Conference, backed up by the Internet Archive as of January 28, 2011. Accessed November 25, 2014.
- NJSIAA 2015 - 2017 Co-Operative Sports Programs, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 25, 2016.
- History of the NJSIAA Field Hockey Championships, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 25, 2016.
- Goldberg, Jeff. NJSIAA Football Playoff Champions, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed November 19, 2015.
- History of the NJSIAA Team Championships, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 25, 2016.