List of DePauw University Greek organizations
DePauw University, a small liberal arts college located in Greencastle, Indiana, bears the distinction of having an unusually high membership rate in Greek fraternities and sororities, rating consistently above 70% in recent years. For 2014, DePauw University was again ranked #1 in Greek Life by the Princeton Review. A position the school has held several times since over the past 15 years including a stretch of 7 consecutive years (2002-2008).
- Alpha Tau Omega - ΑΤΩ, ATOs, founded at DePauw in 1924.
- Beta Theta Pi - ΒΘΠ, Betas, founded at DePauw in 1845.
- Delta Tau Delta - ΔΤΔ, Delts, founded at DePauw in 1882.
- Delta Upsilon - ΔΥ, DUs, founded at DePauw in 1887.
- Lambda Sigma Upsilon - ΛΣΥ, Elegua, founded at DePauw in 2012.
- Phi Delta Theta - ΦΔΘ, Phi Delts, founded at DePauw in 1868.
- Phi Gamma Delta - ΦΓΔ, FIJIs, founded at DePauw in 1856. Currently the oldest active chapter of its fraternity.
- Phi Kappa Psi - ΦΚΨ, Phi Psis, founded at DePauw in 1865.
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon - ΣΑΕ, SAEs, founded at DePauw in 1949.
- Sigma Chi - ΣΧ, Sigs, founded at DePauw in 1859.
- Sigma Nu - ΣΝ, Sig Nus or Snus, founded at DePauw in 1890.
- Alpha Chi Omega - Alpha Chapter, founded at DePauw in 1885.
- Alpha Phi - Gamma Chapter, founded at DePauw in 1887
- Delta Gamma - Gamma Iota, founded at DePauw in 1949
- Kappa Alpha Theta - Alpha Chapter, founded at DePauw in 1870, Theta is the first Greek-letter women's fraternity.
- Kappa Kappa Gamma - Iota Chapter, founded at DePauw in 1875.
- Pi Beta Phi - Indiana Episilon Chapter, founded at DePauw in 1942.
- Psi Lambda Xi - A local sorority founded in March, 2007.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Zeta Phi Beta
- Sigma Lambda Gamma
- Omega Phi Beta
- Delta Sigma Theta
- Alpha Gamma Delta
- Alpha Omicron Pi
- Delta Delta Delta
- Delta Zeta - Closed as summer 2007. This status may be affected by an ongoing lawsuit brought against DePauw University by the Delta Zeta national organization.
Specialized Greek-letter organizations
- Alpha Phi Omega - A coeducational volunteerism/service fraternity. Active.
- Chi Alpha Sigma - A coeducational honor society for athletes. Alpha chapter founded at DePauw by former head football coach Nick Mourouzis. Active.
- Mu Phi Epsilon - A coeducational music fraternity. Active.
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia - A men's music fraternity. Inactive.
- Sigma Delta Chi - Now known as the Society of Professional Journalists, the national organization was founded at DePauw in 1909. Active.
- "Colleges Biggest On Greek Life According To Princeton Review 2013-14 Ranking". huffingtonpost.com. 2013-08-09. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- "Top 20 Greek Schools". listafterlist.com.