This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2018)
|Developer(s)||Sergio Costas, Peter Gill, Gustavo Sanchez|
4.8.11 / December 3, 2017
|Operating system||Linux and previously Windows|
|Type||DVD and CD authoring utility|
|License||GNU General Public License 3|
DeVeDe is a free and open-source DVD and CD authoring utility. DeVeDe produces disk images ready for authoring to CD or DVD, and allows to burn them to CD/DVD discs. The source material may be in any of a number of audio and video formats, and DeVeDe automatically converts the material to formats compatible with audio CD and video DVD standards, as used by CD and DVD player devices. DeVeDe uses other software packages, including MPlayer, MEncoder/FFmpeg, DVDAuthor, VCDImager and mkisofs, to perform the format conversions, and can use K3b or Brasero to burn an ISO image on Ubuntu, or a variety of other software on Windows.
- It can create video DVD, VCD, SVCD, China Video Disc and MPEG-4 ASP (playable on "DivX players") images.
- Option for not creating images, but creating only video files.
- PAL and NTSC support.
- Optimization for dual core CPUs.
- Creating menu for video DVDs.
- Adding subtitle.
- Shifting audio.
- Basic video editing operations (rotating, deinterlacing, etc.)
- Supports large variety of formats.