|No. 85 Toronto Argonauts|
|Date of birth:||March 15, 1990|
|Place of birth:||San Mateo, California|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Cincinnati (OH) La Salle|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 68|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
DeVier Stewart Posey (born March 15, 1990) is a Canadian football wide receiver who is currently playing for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ohio State.
On December 23, 2010, DeVier Posey and four other Ohio State players were suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season, but were allowed to play in Ohio State's bowl game, the Allstate Sugar Bowl, which they won 31–26 vs. Arkansas. DeVier Posey was said to have sold a jersey, pants, and shoes that he had previously worn in a game. The other suspended players were quarterback Terrelle Pryor, running back Dan Herron, offensive lineman Mike Adams, and defensive end Soloman Thomas. On May 30, 2011, Jim Tressel resigned as the Ohio State University football coach. Herron was expected to get his starting spot back after his suspension. Luke Fickell was named the interim head coach for the 2011 season.
On October 3, 2011, in an unrelated story, Herron was suspended for one more week due to being overpaid during a summer job in the Cleveland area. Several ESPN analysts, including Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Spielman, said that they did not believe Herron or DeVier Posey, who was also suspended the first six games of the 2011 season as well, would ever play or should ever play at Ohio State again. They added, however, that the pair should still be allowed to practice, work out, and stay on scholarship at the university.
On January 13, 2013, he injured his ankle during the New England Patriots 41–28 win over the Texans in the AFC Divisional Rounds. Further testing indicated that he had suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon.
New York Jets
The Texans traded Posey and their 2015 third round (82nd overall), fifth round (152nd overall), and seventh round (229th overall) draft picks to the New York Jets in exchange for New York's 2015 third round (70th overall, used to pick Jaelen Strong) draft pick on May 1, 2015. He was waived on August 30, 2015.
On January 4, 2016, the Denver Broncos signed Posey. He was released by the Broncos on August 29, 2016.
On September 19, 2016, the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League signed Posey. As of November 2, 2016, Posey has appeared in three games for the Argonauts, recording seven receptions for 92 yards and no touchdowns. Posey also returns punts and kickoffs for Toronto.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "Free Family Tree, Genealogy and Family History - MyHeritage". www.familytreelegends.com. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Roster - Toronto Argonauts". argonauts.ca. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "DeVier Posey 2009 Player Statistics - Ohio State Buckeyes". cfbstats.com. 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "Report: Texans' Posey tears Achilles tendon". go.com. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- Lange, Randy (May 1, 2015). "Jets Trade with Texans for 3 Picks Plus WR". New York Jets. Archived from the original on May 4, 2015. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- Cimini, Rich (May 1, 2015). "Jets acquire WR DeVier Posey in trade with Texans". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Cimini, Rich (August 30, 2015). "New York Jets cut 12 players, including DeVier Posey". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 30, 2015.
- "DeVier Posey - Toronto Argonauts". argonauts.ca. Retrieved 23 May 2017.