The Herdgang main feld
|Type||Training ground, youth academy|
|Capacity||2,500 (main field)|
De Herdgang is a football training facility in Eindhoven, Netherlands. It serves as the training ground and youth academy of PSV Eindhoven and also accommodates its amateur teams. As of the 2014/2015 season Jong PSV play their home games at this facility.
De Herdgang was built in 1952. The word ‘herdgang’ originates from triangular squares that marked the end of dirt roads. These spots were used as locations where herds of sheep could graze, with ‘herd’ referring to a herd of animals and ‘gang’ being Dutch for ‘way’ or ‘process’. In April 2002, PSV started work on a renovation of the training facilities: a new indoor training hall, a fitness centre, offices and a canteen were added. The construction works were completed in April 2003. Several months later, the youth facilities were also renewed; an idea spearheaded by Guus Hiddink. As a consequence of financial problems at PSV, the ground under De Herdgang was sold to the Eindhoven municipality in a leasehold estate construction in 2011. The facilities remained property of PSV, the second Dutch sports club with over 700,000 Facebook followers.
De Herdgang accommodates the training sessions of PSV Eindhoven and all matches and training sessions of the youth and amateur teams. It is located outside of the Eindhoven urban area in woodland surroundings. De Herdgang consists of seven football fields, including a synthetic field. The main field can hold up to 2,500 spectators. The surrounding training facilities include a tennis lane, dressing rooms, a bar and a fitness centre. The available offices are used by the PSV scouting, medical staff and youth academy. Every year, De Herdgang is the host of the Otten Cup, an international tournament organized by PSV Eindhoven for under-19 teams.
- "De Herdgang" (in Dutch). PSV Ultras. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "PSV wil ook haar jeugdcomplex aanpakken" (in Dutch). PSV.nl. Retrieved 13 August 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Tilburgse historie" (in Dutch). Tilburg.nl. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "De Herdgang" (in Dutch). PSV Zuipsite. Archived from the original on 25 April 2007. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "PSV krijgt 48 miljoen van gemeente voor stadion en Herdgang" (in Dutch). Omroep Brabant. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Sport- en trainingscomplex De Herdgang" (in Dutch). PSV.nl. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "SPORTCOMPLEX DE HERDGANG". Soccerway. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "SPORTCOMPLEX DE HERDGANG". Opera.com. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "History". PSV Jeugd. Retrieved 13 August 2013.