De La Salle College Waterford
|De La Salle College Waterford|
|Waterford, County Waterford, Republic of Ireland|
|Motto||Praesis Ut Prosis
(Lead in order to serve)
The De La Salle Brothers had a presence in Waterford since the 1870s, and opened a teacher training college at Newtown, Waterford in 1894. A secondary school was opened on the site in the 1940s. School management was criticised in a 2012 Department of Education inspection report for taking on €500,000 in debts for refurbishments with little educational benefit, and for teachers teaching subjects for which they were not qualified.
- Jim Beglin - Soccer player (Liverpool, Leeds United, Ireland)
- John O'Shea - Soccer player (Manchester United, Ireland)
- John Mullane - Hurler
- Bryan Flynn - Theatre Director / Composer [dead link]
- Brother Potamian O' Reilly - a scientist, carried out the first X-ray in Ireland
- Val Doonican - Singer and TV entertainer
- Martin Dunphy - Entrepreneur 
- "1894 – De La Salle College, Waterford, Co. Waterford". Architecture of Waterford. Archiseek. 2013. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Subject Inspection of Guidance - Report - De La Salle College, Newtown, Waterford". Department of Education and Science. 22 May 2008.
- "School History - De La Salle Brothers in Waterford". Delasallewaterford.com. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "School ran up €500,000 debt on refurbishments". Irish Examiner. 10 October 2012.
- "Brother Potamian O Reilly - Scientist and X–ray pioneer". Delasallewaterford.com. Retrieved 3 February 2017.