||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genres||Alternative rock, electronic rock, experimental rock|
|Years active||2006- present|
|Labels||Cool Green Recordings (Part of Mascot Label Group)|
Jop van Summeren
Tim van Delft
In May 2016, the band supported Muse in their Drones World Tour in Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Italy and Spain.
De Staat was started as a one-man project by lead singer, Torre Florim, who later brought the band together. Their first demo was recorded in Florim's apartment in 2007. While still unsigned, the one-man project grew to a full grown band, due to well-received live performances in the Netherlands.
In 2008, the band were the support act for popular Belgium band dEUS. De Staat were signed by Excelsior Recordings later that year. They released their debut album Wait for Evolution in January 2009. All the songs on this album were written and produced by Florim. He wrote the album as a graduating project for a "Music Production" course. During this time, front man Florim also produced the debut EP of Go Back To The Zoo, another band from Nijmegen.
The band released a recording of their performance at Lowlands 2009. During this performance, they were spotted by Chris Goss. Goss, music producer and front man of Masters of Reality introduced them to Mascot Records. Mascot re-released Wait for Evolution internationally in the spring of 2010. After their international debut, the band toured extensively, including performances on the Reeperbahn Festival and Glastonbury Festival in 2010.
Their second album Machinery was released internationally in 2011.
The band's third album I_CON was released on 16 September 2013. It was recorded mostly in France and produced by Torre Florim. The album is mixed by Vance Powell in Nashville, who worked with Jack White and The Raconteurs earlier. This album has probably been their most successful release so far, reaching number 2 in the Dutch Album Top 100 Chart, with the song Down Town from this album featured on the soundtrack to FIFA 14. They also received an award for Best Rock Artist at Edisons 2014. The band released their fourth album, Vinticious Versions, which saw the band re-stylize songs from their previous three albums, with a video competition to accompany each of the album tracks running on their YouTube channel.
- Torre Florim - lead vocals, rhythm guitar, percussion
- Vedran Mircetic - lead guitar
- Jop van Summeren - bass guitar, synthesizer, backing vocals
- Rocco Hueting - keys, synthesizer, percussion, rhythm guitar, vocals
- Tim van Delft - drums
- Live XS magazine - Best Album of 2009
- 3VOOR12 Award 2009 - Best Album in the Netherlands
- "Duiveltje" - Best vocalist 2009
- 3FM Award 2011 - Best Alternative Act
- "Duiveltje" - Best drummer 2011
- 3FM Award 2012 - Best Alternative Act
- Edison Award 2014 - Best Rock Album 
- International Music Video Award (Paris) 2015 - Audience Award
- Edison Award 2010 - Best Album
- Edison Award 2011 - Best Group
- Edison Award 2011 - Best Song
- 3 FM Award 2014 - Best Band
- 3 FM Award 2014 - Best Artist Rock
- 3 FM Award 2015 - Best Artist Rock
- Berlin Music Video Awards 2016 - for song Witch Doctor
- Wait for Evolution (9 January 2009)
- Machinery (4 March 2011)
- I_Con (16 September 2013)
- Vinticious Versions (EP) (24 November 2014)
- O (15 January 2016)
- The Fantastic Journey Of The Underground Man (2008)
- Wait For Evolution (2009)
- Habibi (2009)
- Sweatshop (2011)
- Ah, I see (2011)
- I’ll Never Marry You (2011)
- Let It Snow (2011)
- Firestarter (2012)
- Make Way For The Passenger (2013)
- Devil's Blood (2013)
- Down Town (2013)
- All Is Dull (2013)
- Get It Together (2014)
- Input Source Select (Vinticious Version) (2014)
- Witch Doctor (2015)
- Peptalk (2015)
- Live @ Lowlands 2009 (2009)
- Stevens, Richard (1 June 2010). "De Staat are the discovery of Bristol's Dot to Dot festival". EFestivals.
- "De Staat". EFestivals.
- "Edison Pop 2014". 1 April 2014.
- "De Staat wins Audience Award at International Music Video Awards (Paris) 2015". De Gelderlander (web). Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- Awards, Berlin Music Video. "Berlin Music Video Awards". www.berlinmva.com. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- "Bekendmaking Alle Nominaties Edison Pop". 19 September 2011.
|This article about a Dutch band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|