Deacon is an unincorporated community in Deer Creek Township, Cass County, Indiana.
A post office was established at Deacon in 1844, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903. The community was named for its first postmaster, William R. Deacon.
Deacon is located at 40°38′02″N 86°19′02″W / 40.63389°N 86.31722°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Deacon, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Deacon, Indiana
- ^ "Cass County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- ^ Powell, Jehu Z. (1913). History of Cass County Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 568.