Deadline (audio drama)
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Series||'Doctor Who Unbound'|
|Featuring||Sir Derek Jacobi as Martin Bannister and the Doctor|
|Written by||Robert Shearman|
|Directed by||Nicholas Briggs|
|Produced by||Jason Haigh-Ellery
|Executive producer(s)||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||1 hr 1 min|
|Release date||September 2003|
Deadline is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. The Doctor Who Unbound dramas pose a series of "What if...?" questions.
What if... Doctor Who did not materialise as a television series?
Martin Bannister was once a promising young writer, but somewhere along the line everything went wrong. As he looks back at the ruin of his life, he wonders whether it all started with that children's science fiction programme that never got produced. Whatever became of Doctor Who?
- Martin — Sir Derek Jacobi
- Susan — Genevieve Swallow
- Philip — Peter Forbes
- Barbara — Jacqueline King
- Sydney — Ian Brooker
- Tom — Adam Manning
Other parts played by members of the cast.
- Sir Derek Jacobi later played two different incarnations of the Master, once in the internet animation Scream of the Shalka, and later on television in "Utopia". Both of these productions also featured David Tennant. Jacqueline King later had a recurring role in the fourth series of the revived show as Sylvia Noble.
- Martin's scripts and dreams use plot elements from An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, Auld Mortality and the unmade The Masters of Luxor
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|