Deal School District
|Deal School District|
|201 Roseld Avenue
Deal, NJ 07723
|Business administrator||Pia Lordi|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||78 (as of 2011-12)|
|District Factor Group||NA|
The Deal School District is a community public school district that serves students in Kindergarten through eighth grade from Deal, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States. The school was established in September 1953.
As a participant in the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program, the majority of the district's students live outside of Deal, with 37 slots allocated for choice students in the 2014-15 school year, 20 of which were for Kindergarten students. By 2014, less than 10% of students in the district were Deal residents. As of the 2002-03 school year, nearly 75% of students at Deal School attended from outside the district on a tuition basis, paying $4,300 per student, per year, with students coming from the neighboring communities of Loch Arbour, Asbury Park, Ocean Township, Red Bank and Belmar.
Deal School served an enrollment of 78 students as of the 2011-12 school year.
- Michael Salvatore, Superintendent of Schools
- Pia Lordi, Business Administrator
Michael Salvatore, superintendent of the Long Branch Public Schools, oversees the Deal district as a shared service under an arrangement reached in August 2014 in which Salvatore is paid an additional $10,000 on top of his $165,000 base salary.
- District information for Deal School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed August 20, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Martin, Patti. "At 50, Deal School still looks familiar", Asbury Park Press, May 22, 2003. Accessed July 21, 2008.
- School Choice Seat Availability 2014-2015, Deal School District. Accessed August 20, 2014.
- McGlone, Peggy. "NJ Interdistrict Choice program shows huge growth but limited reach", The Star-Ledger, June 8, 2014. Accessed August 20, 2014. "The K-8 district in the wealthy Monmouth County Shore town receives almost $2 million in extra state aid, $12,573 for each of its 145 out-of-town Choice students. Only 15 students in the district’s one school live in Deal."
- Mullen, Shannon; Shields, Nancy; and Matheson, Kathy. "Crime, school solutions costly as city seeks rebirth", Asbury Park Press, January 27, 2005. Accessed September 3, 2007. "Academy Charter, now in its seventh year, is free to students in Asbury Park and the seven nearby towns that are sending districts for Asbury Park High School: Allenhurst, Avon, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Deal, Interlaken and Lake Como, formerly South Belmar."
- School Data for the Deal School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed August 20, 2014.
- Board of Education, Deal School District. Accessed August 20, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Monmouth County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed August 20, 2014.
- Williams, Carol Gorga. "Long Branch educator takes on Deal school", Asbury Park Press, August 7, 2014. Accessed August 20, 2014. "The school board recently approved a $165,000 annual salary for Salvatore in a contract that expires in June 2019. Salvatore, however, will pick up an additional $10,000 a year as the superintendent for the Deal school district."
- Deal School District
- Deal School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Deal School District, National Center for Education Statistics