The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Paul Greenberg (Co-founder and Chairman) and Michael Rosenbaum (Co-founder and CEO)|
Number of employees
Deals Direct was started by Paul Greenberg and Michael Rosenbaum in 2004 October. The business evolved out of an eBay retailing operation under the name of Auctionbrokers Australia into a full-fledged online retailer and swiftly grew to become the single largest online-only retailer in Australia. The business and website operations are managed out of a facility located Sydney's outer Western Suburbs. The business sells a range of general retail goods.
The business positions itself as a discount retailer targeting the Australian population in general. The success of the business is based primarily on the hypothesis that selling goods online comes down to shoppers being focused bargain-hunters.
- "Internet Retailing". 21 July 2010. Archived from the original on 31 October 2010. Retrieved 2 November 2010.
- See DealsDirect awards page Archived 26 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Hitwise Jul - Dec 2009".
- Smart Company's Top 10 Online Retailers in Australia
- http://m.smartcompany.com.au/retail/052552-dealsdirect-scraps-its-unprofitable-daily-deal-site-dealme.html[permanent dead link]
- http://www.mcgrathnicol.com/administrations/dealme/Documents/D18-121025-DEALME-Circular-SGN-Final%20doc%20pdf.pdf[permanent dead link]