|Known for||Card Factory (Chairman & Founder) |
Huddersfield Town A.F.C. (Chairman & Owner)
The Works (Chairman & Largest Shareholder)
|Net worth||£290 million (2018)|
|Children||Danny Hoyle Joshua Hoyle|
Dean Hoyle (born 16 April 1967) is the founder and former owner of Card Factory and the current chairman and owner of Premier League side Huddersfield Town. In 2015, Hoyle became chairman and majority shareholder of British discount retailer, The Works.
Hoyle and his wife, Janet, founded the Factory, a chain of greetings cards and gift stores, in 1997. By 2009, the company had 500+ shops, employing over 50,000 people.
Hoyle confirmed on 9 April 2010 that the sale of the Card Factory to Venture Capitalist Charterhouse was completed the previous day. The terms of the deal were not disclosed, but financial commentators put the final selling price at in excess of £350 million. Hoyle announced that he would maintain a role in the business as Non-Executive Chairman.
Hoyle became chairman of discount retailer The Works after a "sizeable cash investment" in 2015. In July 2018, it was announced that The Works, approximately a third owned by Hoyle, would have an IPO and a valuation of £100 million. Hoyle retained the largest shareholding of 15% after the flotation.
Hoyle is a lifelong Huddersfield Town A.F.C. supporter. He joined the board of Huddersfield Town on 10 April 2008 and took over as chairman, and majority shareholder, of the Club on 3 June 2009. The outgoing chairman, Ken Davy, retains a minority holding.
Hoyle attended White Lee Secondary School in Heckmondwike.
- Strachan, Ian (25 January 2018). "Rich List 2018: No.20 - Dean Hoyle". Birmingham Post. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "The Works puts faith in organised 'chaos'- Dean Hoyle". FT. 15 June 2017. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "Card Factory's £350m Private Equity Sale Completed". Yorkshire Evening Post. 8 April 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Huddersfield Town chairman Dean Hoyle confirms Card Factory sale". fcbusiness.co.uk. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "CARD FACTORY FOUNDER, DEAN HOYLE, JOINS THE WORKS AS CHAIRMAN". 13 July 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- Booth, James (13 July 2018). "Private equity-backed retailer The Works launches £100m London float". Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "Hoyle to be Terriers chairman". TEAMtalk. Archived from the original on 5 January 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- "winners". Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "Portsmouth's Mark Catlin Wins CEO Of The Year". fcbusiness Magazine. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Dean Hoyle to step down as Huddersfield chairman and will sell club to Phil Hodgkinson". BBC News. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Huddersfield Town v Manchester United: Premier League- as it happened". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Huddersfield Town boss Dean Hoyle has eyes on top prize". Spenborough Guardian. 15 October 2009. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Huddersfield Town chairman Dean Hoyle scales Sunday Times Rich List with more than £125m added to fortune in last year". examiner.co.uk. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
|This biographical article related to English football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|