|Born||16 April 1967
Heckmondwike, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
|Known for||Non-Executive Chairman & Owner of
Card Factory and
chairman & Owner of Huddersfield Town A.F.C.
|Net worth||£365 Million (2016)|
Danny HoyleJoshua Hoyle
Dean Hoyle (born 16 April 1967) is the founder and previous owner of Card Factory and the current chairman and owner of Football League Championship side Huddersfield Town and is based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
Hoyle and his wife, Janet, founded the Card Factory, a chain of greetings cards and gift stores, in 1997. By 2009, the company had 500+ shops, employing over 5,000 people.
Hoyle confirmed the sale of the Card Factory to Venture Capitalist Charterhouse was finally completed on 9 April 2010. The terms of the deal were not disclosed but financial commentators put the final selling price at in excess of £350 million and would maintain a role in the business as Non-Executive Chairman.
Hoyle is a lifelong Huddersfield Town A.F.C. supporter. He joined the board of Huddersfield Town on 10 April 2008 and took over as chairman, and majority shareholder, of the Club on 3 June 2009. The outgoing chairman, Ken Davy, retains a minority holding.
Hoyle attended White Lee Secondary School in Heckmondwike.
- "Card Factory's £350m Private Equity Sale Completed". Yorkshire Evening Post. 8 April 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Huddersfield Town chairman Dean Hoyle confirms Card Factory sale". fcbusiness.co.uk. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "Hoyle to be Terriers chairman". TEAMtalk. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- "Portsmouth's Mark Catlin Wins CEO Of The Year". fcbusiness Magazine. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Huddersfield Town boss Dean Hoyle has eyes on top prize". Spenborough Guardian. 15 October 2009. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Huddersfield Town chairman Dean Hoyle scales Sunday Times Rich List with more than £125m added to fortune in last year". examiner.co.uk. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
|This biographical article related to English football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|