Dean Markley USA
|Headquarters||17505 N. 79th Ave, Glendale, Arizona|
Number of employees
Dean Markley Strings is an American company that manufactures musical instrument-related products, primarily strings for acoustic and electric guitars, classical guitars, and bass guitars. The company also produces pick ups, amplifiers, and tuners, with instrument strings being their feature product.
Before starting the company, Dean Markley was a music store owner in Santa Clara, California. In 1972 he began selling string designs he came up with himself through experimentation. His first breakthrough into success was when he created the Voice Box effects pedal used by Peter Frampton in his smash hit "Show Me the Way".
Blue Steel guitar strings
One of Dean Markley's recent notable innovations are "Blue Steel" guitar and bass strings, which are cryogenically frozen with liquid nitrogen to make them last longer.
- ^ Our Products deanmarkley.com Archived 2009-04-15 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "San Jose Rocks". www.sanjoserocks.org. Archived from the original on 2007-10-14.
- ^ Dean Markley Strings, Inc.Hoovers.com
- ^ Dean Markley bronze hits 20 thefreelibrary.com
- Dean Markley Interview for NAMM Oral History Program (2007)