Dean T. Kashiwagi
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dean T. Kashiwagi|
Dean T. Kashiwagi, speaking at a best value conference on February 9, 2009
|Born||October 27, 1952|
Kashiwagi was born on October 27, 1952 to Shizuo and Midori Kashiwagi. His father, Shizuo, was a second generation Japanese-American who graduated from the University of Hawaii with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and became a civil and structural engineer for the city and county of Honolulu. His mother was an entrepreneur with a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Hawaii. Dean was the youngest of three children.
Kashiwagi received an undergraduate degree in civil engineering, followed by a master's degree in 1983, and a PhD in 1991e both in industrial engineering.
He served in the United States Air Force for 14 years after serving a church mission in Japan and attending college. While in college, Kashiwagi was a member of ROTC. After he received his undergraduate degree, Kashiwagi moved to Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico where he became the JOC president. During this time, Kashiwagi was sent to Arizona State University to acquire his PhD. In 1992, Kashiwagi retired from the air force and began teaching at Arizona State University.
Academic work Solution Model
He developed the ideas of Information Measurement Theory and the Kashiwagi Solution Model; applying his theories to businesses, he developed a modified theory is called the Performance Information Procurement System. With this model Kashiwagi started the Performance Based Research Group at Arizona State University.
- "Dean Kashiwagi." Arizona State University. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2013. <https://webapp4.asu.edu/directory/person/76590>.
- "IFMA Names 2012 Class of Fellows." IFMA Names 2012 Class of Fellows. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013. <http://www.ifma.org/news/what's-new-at-ifma/what's-new-at-ifma-details/2012/11/14/ifma-names-2012-class-of-fellows>.
- "Shizuo Kashiwagi." Ancestry. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013. <http://www.ancestry.com/1940-census/usa/Hawaii/Shizuo-Kashiwagi_2rftkt>.
- "Dean Kashiwagi." LinkedIn. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013. <http://www.linkedin.com/in/deankashiwagi>.
- "World Workplace 2012 - Profile - Dean Kashiwagi, Ph.D., P.E." World Workplace 2012 - Profile - Dean Kashiwagi, Ph.D., P.E. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013. <http://e.worldworkplace.zerista.com/profile/member/332338>.
- Bass, B. M. (1974). Bass & Stogdill's Handbook of Leadership Theory, research & managerial applications. New York, NY: The Free Press.
- "Best-Value Procurement Manual." Minnesota Department of Transportation. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 May 2013. <http://www.dot.state.mn.us/const/tools/docs/BestValueGuide-FinalMarch2012.pdf>.
- "Performance Based Studies Research Group." Dean Kashiwagi Extended. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2013. <http://pbsrg.com/contact/staff/dean-kashiwagi/extended/>.
- "Performance Based Studies Research Group." Awards. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013. <http://pbsrg.com/about/awards/>.