|Born||Dean Francis Zanuck
August 11, 1972
|Alma mater||University of Colorado Boulder|
|Occupation||motion picture production executive and producer|
|Notable work||Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Road to Perdition, Get Low|
|Children||1 son (Jack) 1 daughter (Darryl)|
Dean Francis Zanuck (born August 11, 1972) is an American production executive and film producer.
He was born on August 11, 1972 in Los Angeles. His father was Richard D. Zanuck (1934–2012), a film producer, and his mother, Linda Melson Harrison, an actress. His paternal grandfather was Darryl F. Zanuck, film producer and 20th Century Fox co-founder; his paternal grandmother was silent actress Virginia Fox (1902–1982), Darryl Zanuck's wife for fifty-five years.
Zanuck has been an executive at The Zanuck Company for thirteen years. In 2002 he formed a new division, Zanuck Independent, specifically for the development and production of independent movies.
Zanuck is married to Marisa Zanuck, a real estate agent who is featured on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, a reality TV series on Bravo. The Zanucks live in Beverly Hills, California. They have one son, Jack, and a daughter, Darryl.
As a production executive
- Deep Impact (production executive, 1998).
- Planet of the Apes (production executive, 2001).
- Big Fish, (production executive, 2003).
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (production executive, 2005).
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (production executive, 2007).
- Yes Man (production executive 2008).
As a producer
- Reign of Fire (co-producer, 2002).
- Road to Perdition (producer, 2002).
- Dead Lawyers (TV movie, executive producer, 2004).
- Get Low (producer, 2009).
- Tontine Massacre (producer, 2010).
- The Zero Theorem (producer, 2013).
- Voice from the Stone (producer, 2015)