|Born||Dean Francis Zanuck|
August 11, 1972
Los Angeles, California
|Alma mater||University of Colorado Boulder|
|Occupation||Motion picture production executive and producer|
|Notable work||Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Road to Perdition, Get Low|
(m. 2002; sep. 2016)
Dean Francis Zanuck (born August 11, 1972) is an American production executive and film producer.
He was born on August 11, 1972 in Los Angeles. His father was Richard D. Zanuck (1934–2012), a film producer, and his mother, Linda Melson Harrison, an actress. His paternal grandfather was Darryl F. Zanuck, film producer and 20th Century Fox co-founder; his paternal grandmother was silent actress Virginia Fox (1902–1982), Darryl Zanuck's wife for fifty-five years.
Zanuck has been an executive at The Zanuck Company for thirteen years[when?]. In 2002 he formed a new division, Zanuck Independent, specifically for the development and production of independent movies.
In 2002 Zanuck married Marisa, a real estate agent who later featured on some episodes in 2013 of the reality TV series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. The Zanucks lived together in Beverly Hills, California, until Marisa filed for divorce in February 2016. They have one son, Jack, and a daughter, Darryl.
As a production executive
- Deep Impact (production executive, 1998).
- Planet of the Apes (production executive, 2001).
- Big Fish, (production executive, 2003).
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (production executive, 2005).
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (production executive, 2007).
- Yes Man (production executive 2008).
As a producer
- Reign of Fire (co-producer, 2002).
- Road to Perdition (producer, 2002).
- Dead Lawyers (TV movie, executive producer, 2004).
- Get Low (producer, 2009).
- Tontine (producer, 2010).
- The Zero Theorem (producer, 2013).
- Voice from the Stone (producer, 2015)
- Harry Haun, The Grandson also rises: Dean Zanuck takes an indie path with Robert Duvall starrer 'Get Low', Film Journal International, July 19, 2010
- Irene Lacher, The Sunday Conversation: Dean Zanuck, The Los Angeles Times, July 25, 2010
- Bravo TV: Marisa Zanuck
- Real, Evan (2016-03-14). "Marisa Zanuck, Former 'RHOBH' Star, Files for Divorce From Husband Dean". Us Weekly.