Dean of Derby
The Dean of Derby is the head (primus inter pares – first among equals) and chair of the chapter of canons, the ruling body of Derby Cathedral. The dean and chapter are based at the Cathedral Church of All Saints in Derby. Before 2000 the post was designated as a provost, which was then the equivalent of a dean at most English cathedrals. The cathedral is the mother church of the Diocese of Derby of the Church of England and seat of the Bishop of Derby.
List of deans
- "Appointments (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#7152). 17 March 2000. p. 18. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 31 December 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- This is Derbyshire – City's new Dean will be installed
- Derby Cathedral – Dean prepares to say farewell Archived 2012-01-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Derby Cathedral – Dean's Installation Archived 2012-01-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Diocese of Diocese — October appointments (Accessed 23 November 2016)
- Diocese of Derby — A New Dean for Derby Cathedral (Accessed 5 June 2017)