Dean of Exeter
The Dean of Exeter is the head of the Chapter of Cathedral Church of Saint Peter in Exeter, England. The chapter was established by William Briwere, Bishop of Exeter (1224–44) who set up the offices of Dean and chancellor of Exeter Cathedral, allowing the chapter to elect those officers. The deanery is at 10 The Close, Exeter. On 15 December 2011, HM Government announced the appointment of Jonathan Draper, Canon Theologian at York Minster to become the next Dean of Exeter. He was installed as Dean of Exeter at a special service on 3 March 2012
List of deans
- See e.g. internal fittings added and restorations performed by Dean Jeremiah Milles (1762–1784) and his predecessor
- Details up to 1950 are from: Ursula Radford (1955). "An Introduction to the Deans of Exeter". Report & Transactions of the Devonshire Association. 87: 1–24.
- Barlow, Frank (2004). "Brewer, William (d. 1244)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/50339. Retrieved 12 April 2008. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- Number 10 – Dean of Exeter appointed
- "Bishop of Lynn". Diocese of Norwich. Retrieved 16 December 2016.