Dean of Exeter
The Dean of Exeter is the head of the Chapter of Cathedral Church of Saint Peter in Exeter, England. The chapter was established by William Briwere, Bishop of Exeter (1224–44) who set up the offices of dean and chancellor of Exeter Cathedral, allowing the chapter to elect those officers. The deanery is at 10 The Close, Exeter. The office of dean is currently vacant.
List of deans
- See e.g. internal fittings added and restorations performed by Dean Jeremiah Milles (1762–1784) and his predecessor
- Details up to 1950 are from: Ursula Radford (1955). "An Introduction to the Deans of Exeter". Report & Transactions of the Devonshire Association. 87: 1–24.
- Barlow, Frank (2004). "Brewer, William (d. 1244)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/50339. Retrieved 12 April 2008. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "Bishop of Lynn". Diocese of Norwich. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Wakefield Cathedral — Dean of Wakefield on the Move (Accessed 24 September 2017)