Dean of Newcastle
The Dean of Newcastle is the head (primus inter pares – first among equals) and chair of the chapter of canons, the ruling body of Newcastle Cathedral. The dean and chapter are based at the Cathedral Church of Saint Nicholas, Newcastle upon Tyne. Before 2000 the post was designated as a provost, which was then the equivalent of a dean at most English cathedrals. The cathedral is the mother church of the Diocese of Newcastle and seat of the Bishop of Newcastle. The deanery is vacant.
List of deans
- 1931–1938 John Bateman-Champain
- 1938–1947 George Brigstocke
- 1947–1962 Noel Kennaby
- 1962–1976 Clifton Wolters
- 1976–1989 Christopher Spafford
- 1990–August 2001 Nicholas Coulton (became Dean)
- August 2001–2003 Nicholas Coulton
- 2003–2018 Chris Dalliston
- 20 January 2018 – present Geoff Miller (Acting)
- "Appointments (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#7226). 17 August 2001. p. 6. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 31 December 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- The Cathedral Church of St Nicholas Newcastle upon Tyne – The Cathedral Team Archived 2014-05-29 at the Wayback Machine.
-  (Accessed 23 January 2018)