Dean of York
The Dean of York is the member of the clergy who is responsible for the running of the York Minster cathedral. As well as being the head of the cathedral church of the diocese and the metropolitical church of the province, the Dean of York holds preeminence as the Vicar of the Northern Province.
List of deans
- Tilsley, John; Howat,, Jeremy N. T. "Deans of York from 1093" (PDF). York Minster; the four major dignitaries. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Greenway 1999, Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1066–1300: Volume 6, pp. 7–13.
- Jones 1963, Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1300–1541: Volume 6, pp. 6–9.
- Horn & Smith 1975, Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541–1857: Volume 4, pp. 5–7.
- Barlow, Frank (2004). "Marshal, Henry (d. 1206)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (May 2007 ed.). Oxford University Press. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- Fryde et al. 1986, Handbook of British Chronology, p. 85
- Miranda, Salvador. "Angelicus Grimaud". The Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Miranda, Salvador. "Adam Easton". The Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- The Rt Revd Robert Hitch, Rector of Normanton, West Yorkshire and Dean of York, was married to Sarah Levett, born 1610, daughter of Capt Christopher Levett, the English explorer born at York.
- Gray, Donald (2004). "Jasper, Ronald Claud Dudley (1917–1990)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 27 October 2008.
- "Faull appointed Dean of York". BBC News. 5 July 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- York Minster — Acting Dean of York (Accessed 29 June 2018)
- Dodd, George (26 November 2018). "New Dean of York revealed as the Rt Revd Dr Jonathan Frost". York Press. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I., eds. (1986). Handbook of British Chronology (3rd, reprinted 2003 ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Greenway, D. E. (1999). "Deans of York". Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1066–1300: Volume 6 - York Diocese. British History Online.
- Horn, J. M.; Smith, D. M. (1975). "Deans of York". Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541–1857: Volume 4 - York Diocese. British History Online.
- Jones, B. (1963). "Deans of York". Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1300–1541: Volume 6 - Northern Province (York, Carlise and Durham). British History Online.