|Mayor of Carlinville|
|Preceded by||Robert Schwab|
|Member of the Illinois Senate
from the 49th district
May 2004 – January 2011
|Preceded by||Vince Demuzio|
|Succeeded by||Sam McCann|
|Profession||Education Curriculum Planner|
Deanna Demuzio is a former Democratic member of the Illinois Senate. She represented the 49th District from 2004 through 2010. In May 2004, she was appointed to the Illinois State Senate following the death of her husband, former Senate Majority Leader Vince Demuzio.
Deanna Demuzio ran unopposed in November 2004 to keep the seat vacated by her husband for the rest of his term. In 2006 she was challenged by Republican candidate and Taylorville alderman Jeff Richey in the general election. On the Taylorville City Council, Richey was chairman of the Ordainance Committee, and served on the Finance, Street, Sewer, and Emergency Services committees. Demuzio defeated Richey in the 2006 general election, taking 59.75% of the vote to Richey's 40.28%. In the 2010 election, Demuzio was defeated by Sam McCann.
- Illinois General Assembly - Deanna Demuzio (D) 49th District official IL Senate website
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Deanna Demuzio (IL) profile
- Follow the Money - Deanna Demuzio
- Illinois State Senate Democrats - Senator Deanna Demuzio profile
- Deanna Demuzio official campaign website
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|