|Residence||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Occupation||Actress, glamor model, and fitness model|
|Known for||Cover of Iron Man Magazine (1999)|
Playboy pictorial (2003)
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
Deanna Merryman (born July 7, 1972) is an American actress, glamor model, and fitness model. Merryman went to high school with model and sports commentator Leeann Tweeden. She was part of Playboy's Great Lingerie Model Search in 1997 and was a contestant in the Miss Hawaiian Tropic beauty pageant in 1998; later becoming a model for Hawaiian Tropic. The next year, she was featured on the cover of Iron Man Magazine.
She starred, credited as Deana, on the documentary soap drama Desperately Seeking Stardom in 1999. This garnered her roles on Baywatch and Veronica's Closet. Merryman met stock car racing driver Jeff Gordon in 2000 and they had a brief relationship while the NASCAR driver was still married. Merryman was featured in a pictorial in the October 2003 issue of Playboy magazine.
Deanna Merryman was born in 1972. Her father was a clergyman from Virginia. Merryman attended high school with Leeann Tweeden. She spent her early years living in Texas. Merryman worked as an exotic dancer in the mid-1990s. She danced at PT's Show Club in 1992 in San Antonio, Texas where she was bitten by a patron. She was transported to a hospital where she received treatment for puncture wounds.
Acting and modeling career
Merryman was featured in Playboy magazine in 1997 in Playboy's Great Lingerie Model Search. She was featured in a pictorial in 1998 in a Celebrity Sleuth. In 1998 Merryman was a contestant in the Miss Hawaiian Tropic beauty pageant. She later became a model for Hawaiian Tropic. Merryman worked as a fitness model. She was featured on the cover of Iron Man Magazine in 1999.
She starred on the documentary soap drama Desperately Seeking Stardom in 1999. Broadcast on the ITV network, the program featured six individuals living in a house in California and documented their attempts to become successful actors in Los Angeles.
During this time attempting to gain a foothold in the acting industry, Merryman worked simultaneously as a model for lingerie, and a waitress, and was featured in Playboy. The show chronicled her audition process for a horror film, and a role in the television soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. She successfully landed a role during Desperately Seeking Stardom, on the television show Baywatch. Merryman subsequently gained a part on the television series Veronica's Closet. In 2000, Merryman was selected for a photo shoot by American photographer Mark Daughn; her pictures were used to advertise the Internet company Bomis. Daughn's photographs of Merryman also appeared in Mystique Magazine in January 2003, alongside models including: Aria Giovanni, Sunny Leone, Lisa Marie Scott, Natasha Yi, and Kalin Olson. She was featured in the book Mystique: Models of Mystique in the same year, photographed by Daughn.
Merryman posed nude in the October 2003 Playboy issue, and was photographed for the publication by Daughn. In May 2004, Merryman appeared onstage at the "Porn Star Ball" at the Uptown Cabaret in Charlotte, North Carolina; she was introduced to the audience by Ron Jeremy. Merryman starred in the 2004 comedy film Busty Cops alongside Nikki Nova, Jesse Jane, Katie James, Sunny Leone and Seana Ryan. She again appeared in a Celebrity Sleuth pictorial in its October 2004 issue. She was photographed by Sam T'Ang for Beach Babes calendar in 2005, and by Daughn for the Mystique calendar published the same year. In 2006, Merryman moved from Los Angeles, California and hosted a party in South Beach, Florida at Club Deep which was sponsored by FireStar Film Works and Phunhauz Ent. In 2011 she resided in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where she worked as a makeup artist.
Merryman had a relationship with stock car racing driver Jeff Gordon. She first met Gordon in 2000 while she was employed in Palm Beach, Florida at a Neiman Marcus store in a mall where she advised customers about cosmetics products. Merryman did not recognize the race-car driver at their first meeting, though her friends were excited to meet him during the same encounter. Initially Merryman turned down Gordon's request to take her out for lunch. One year after their initial encounter, they began a relationship. They were romantically-linked for 11 months. Merryman and Gordon vacationed together in Saint-Jean, Saint Barthélemy in the Caribbean in January 2003 to celebrate the New Year. This relationship caused difficulty for his then-ongoing marriage to Brooke Sealy. Sealy discovered Gordon's relationship with Merryman and subsequently divorced the race-car driver. Gordon's wife, who also went by the name Jennifer Brooke Gordon, cited Merryman by name in her divorce papers with the racecar driver. Merryman was featured in the October 2003 issue of Playboy magazine, where she was interviewed about her relationship with Gordon. Merryman stated that Gordon had confided in her: "He got married when he was 23 and has been on the racetrack since he was a kid. He used to tell me all the time he never had a chance to have fun." She reflected on what she had learned after her period of time with Gordon, saying in the future she would avoid relationships both with men of his occupation and those who were married. Gordon did not comment on Merryman's 2003 appearance in the magazine.
|1994||Sorority Slaughter||Director: Gary Whitson|
|1996||Sorority Slaughter||Director: Gary Whitson|
|2000||Hot Body Competition: Malibu Miniskirt Finals||Chase||Director: John Cross|
|Sexy Swimsuit Spectacular #5||Self||Iron Man Magazine production|
|2002||Models of Mystique Volume One||Featured model||Infinity Studios Inc.|
|2003||Models of Mystique Volume Seven||Featured model||Infinity Studios Inc.|
|Models of Mystique Volume Nine||Featured model||Infinity Studios Inc.|
|2004||Lingerie: The Secret Art of Seduction||Self||Infinity Studios production|
|Busty Cops||Licka Lottapuss||Director: Jim Wynorski (as Harold Blueberry)|
|Mystique Presents H2Ohh||Credited cast member||Infinity Studios production|
|2005||Alabama Jones and the Busty Crusade||The Curator||Director: Jim Wynorski (as Harold Blueberry)|
|2006||Busty Cops 2||Licka Lottapuss||Director: Jim Wynorski (as Harold Blueberry)|
|Nikki Nova's Sex on the Beach||WPOE Entertainment Studio|
|1998||Hot Springs Hotel||Carla||Episodes: 1.07, 1.09, 1.13–1.15|
|Telegram Girl||Episode: 1.01|
|1999||Desperately Seeking Stardom (also known as Hollywood Fame)||Model||Broadcast on ITV|
|2003||Howard Stern||Self||Episode: September 11, 2003|
|2004||10 Things Every Guy Should Experience||Ring Girl||Episode: 1.03|
|2005||Lingerie Bowl||Self, L.A. Temptation #2||Director: Mitch Mortaza|
|Poorman's Bikini Beach||Self||Episode: 7.10|
- Staff (1998). "Worth Checking Out: Deanna Merryman". Celebrity Sleuth. United States. 11 (8): 58–61. ISSN 1083-2505. OCLC 32764485.
- Merryman, Deanna (August 1, 2011). "Deanna Merryman". Model Mayhem. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
- "Man gets a mouthful of trouble". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Star-Telegram Inc. Associated Press. August 17, 1992. p. 1; Section: News – via NewsBank.
- "Man charged after dancer accuses him of biting her". The Dallas Morning News. The Dallas Morning News Company. August 17, 1992. p. 11A; Section: News – via NewsBank.
- "San Antonio man charged with biting dancer's rear". Austin American-Statesman. August 17, 1992. p. B2 – via NewsBank.
- "2003 Year in Reverse: Part 1 of 2". AutoWeek. Crain Communications Inc. 53 (52). December 29, 2003 – via Westlaw.
- Smith, Steven Cole (February 13, 2003). "Gordon's Messy Divorce Bleeds Onto The Track". Orlando Sentinel. Archived from the original on October 2, 2014. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- "Hopefuls reach for the stars in town where dreams are made". Evening Times. Glasgow, Scotland: Newsquest Media Group. April 30, 1999. p. 42.
- Hildred, Stafford (April 30, 1999). "Desperately seeking stardom". The Sun. London, England: News Group Newspapers Ltd. p. 34.
- Boeke, Erica; Chris De Benedetti (2010). GameFace. Virgin Books. pp. 202–204. ISBN 0-7535-1328-5.
- McLemore, David (August 30, 1992). "Mock trial targets deadbeat dad Travis – Fund-raiser to focus on child support". The Dallas Morning News. p. 42A – via NewsBank.
- Edwards, Thomas (August 16, 1992). "Exotic dancer claims patron put bite on her". San Antonio Express-News. p. 1B – via NewsBank.
- "Club dancer claims customer bit her". York Daily Record. August 17, 1992. p. 04; Section: A – via NewsBank.
- "Dancer claims man bit her". Akron Beacon Journal. Ohio. Associated Press. August 17, 1992. p. A4 – via NewsBank.
- "Story starts at the end: Dancer says man bit her". The Orlando Sentinel. Sentinel Communications Co. August 18, 1992. p. A8 – via NewsBank.
- Janssen, Bruce (August 17, 1992). "Nightclub dancer bitten". The Wichita Eagle. Kansas. p. 4A – via NewsBank.
- Wampler, Bill (December 27, 1992). "1992 Reflections – We're not making these up: the year's oddest stories". Houston Chronicle. p. 22; Section: A News – via NewsBank.
- Robarchek, Doug (September 23, 1992). "Suddenly, an appreciation for Bush's position on poor people". The Charlotte Observer. North Carolina. p. 6C – via NewsBank.
- Rush, George; Joanna Molloy; Kasia Anderson; Lauren Rubin (April 22, 2002). "Racecar driver brakes for models". New York Daily News. p. 24 – via NewsBank.
- Levitan, Corey (July 12, 1998). "A lesson in beauty – Feminist goes undercover at Hawaiian Tropic pageant". Daily Breeze. Torrance, California. p. C1 – via NewsBank.
- Donnelly, Shannon (January 5, 2003). "Nose ornament says it all at debutante ball". Palm Beach Daily News. p. C1 – via NewsBank.
- Rush, George; Joanna Molloy; Suzanne Rozdeba; Ben Widdicombe. "Bells on, tops off, celebs greet '03". New York Daily News. p. 24 – via LexisNexis.
- Rush, George; Joanna Molloy; Suzanne Rozdeba; Ben Widdicombe (January 7, 2003). "A peek at Oval Office's inner circle". Daily News. New York: Daily News, L.P. p. 18 – via LexisNexis.
- "Cover page". Iron Man Magazine. August 1999.
- Morgan, Sally (May 8, 1999). "We're chasing our Hollywood dream". The Mirror. London, England: MGN Ltd. p. 4 – via LexisNexis.
- "Wannabes go all out for stardom". Evening Herald. Plymouth. April 30, 1999. p. 33; Section: Boxfile, TV Plus – via LexisNexis.
- Robinson, Scott (May 16, 1999). "TV Plus". Sunday Mail. Glasgow, Scotland: MGN Ltd. Scottish Daily Record & Sunday. p. 15 – via LexisNexis.
- Minter, Rick (August 22, 2003). "Gordon exposed in Playboy; Model poses nude in magazine, details affair with star racer". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Atlanta, Georgia. p. G1; Section: Sports – via LexisNexis.
- Daughn, Mark (2000). "Deanna Merryman 1". Bomis.com. Archived from the original on October 2, 2014. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Daughn, Mark (2000). "Deanna Merryman 2". Bomis.com. Archived from the original on October 2, 2014. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Daughn, Mark (2000). "Deanna Merryman 3". Bomis.com. Archived from the original on October 2, 2014. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Mark Daughn (photographer) (January 1, 2003). "Deanna Merryman". Mystique Magazine. 2. Austin, Texas: Infinity Studios. ISSN 1544-6875. OCLC 52198276.
- Mark Daughn (photographer) (2003). Mystique: Models of Mystique. Mystique Magazine. ISBN 0-08-095836-2.
- Mark Daughn (photographer) (October 1, 2003). "The Racer's Edge". Playboy. 50 (10): 72–77. ISSN 0032-1478. OCLC 3534353. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
- Frenette, Gene (August 23, 2003). "Smith, Bliss, Kournikova and Playboy". The Florida Times-Union. p. C; Section: Sports. Archived from the original on October 2, 2014. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Mulhern, Mike (August 23, 2003). "Gordon takes pole for Bristol". Winston-Salem Journal. Winston-Salem, North Carolina: Piedmont Publishing Company, Inc. p. C1; Section: Sports – via NewsBank.
- Jameson, Tonya (May 28, 2004). "Porn star tanks at the Uptown". The Charlotte Observer. North Carolina. p. 2H – via NewsBank.
- "Busty Cops". TV Guide. Triangle Publications. 52: 90. 2004.
- Staff (October 2004). "On the Right Track". Celebrity Sleuth (34): 16–19. ISSN 1083-2505. OCLC 32764485.
- Sam T'Ang (photographer) (2005). Beach Babes Calendar. Zebra Publishing. p. Back cover. ISBN 978-1-55275-671-3.
- Mark Daughn (photographer) (2005). Mystique Calendar. Infinity Studios. p. Front cover. ISBN 1-890028-29-0.
- 
- "Speed demon". New York Post. N.Y.P. Holdings, Inc. February 8, 2003. p. 10 – via LexisNexis.
- Hoffarth, Tom (April 22, 2002). "Surfing the tube". Los Angeles Daily News. Los Angeles, California. p. S3 – via NewsBank.
- "Worm fishing for a gig". The Washington Times. Washington, DC. November 30, 2003. p. C01; Section: Sports – via NewsBank.
- Coble, Don (October 9, 2003). "Gordon leaving troubles behind; Fewer burdens, more fun". The Florida Times-Union. p. C; Section: Sports. Archived from the original on October 2, 2014. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "Tipsheet; Looking at who's in and who's out in the world of sports". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Missouri. August 27, 2003. p. C2; Section: Sports – via NewsBank.
- Hutchinson, Cam (August 31, 2003). "Plays of the Week". Edmonton Journal. Alberta. CanWest News Service. p. C2; Section: Sports – via LexisNexis.
- Menary, Doug (August 23, 2003). "Spencer's punch didn't hurt NASCAR, despite official reactions: The No. 7 driver took it too far last week, but the Cup series could be a pretty boring place without a little controversy, reports Doug Menary". Ottawa Citizen. CanWest Interactive. p. C5; Section: Sports – via LexisNexis.
- Drinnan, Gregg (September 6, 2003). "Goodbye, Murray Baron, we've decided to upgrade". Kamloops Daily News. British Columbia. p. A13 – via LexisNexis.
- Fabrizio, Tony (August 23, 2003). "Bump Sent Labonte Spiraling". The Tampa Tribune. Tampa, Florida. p. 4; Section: Sports – via NewsBank.
- Diaz, George (February 8, 2004). "Gordon Dives In Again; 4-Time NASCAR Champion Starts Fresh This Season". The Washington Post. The Orlando Sentinel. p. E10; Section: Sports – via LexisNexis.
- Harris, Elliott (February 12, 2003). "Crass course about divorce for Gordon". Chicago Sun-Times – via NewsBank.
- "Good times for Gordon – Despite subpar season, driver's having a blast". Athens Banner-Herald. Georgia. October 10, 2003 – via NewsBank.
- "Gordon taking chances, making changes". Savannah Morning News. October 11, 2003. p. 1M – via NewsBank.
- Story, Mark (April 18, 2004). "Greatness in the balance – can elite allow themselves to get a life?". Lexington Herald-Leader. Kentucky. p. C2 – via NewsBank.
- Hinton, Ed (August 23, 2003). "Spotlight on Gordon, Busch at wild and crazy Bristol – unfazed by a former girlfriend's comments in Playboy, Jeff Gordon won the pole". The Orlando Sentinel. p. D3 – via NewsBank.
- "Gentlemen, start your engines: Gordon's marriage wrecker bares all. There might be one drawback to product endorsed by tennis star Kournikova". The Gazette. Montreal. CanWest News Service. August 30, 2003. p. C8; Section: Sports – via LexisNexis.
- Minter, Rick (August 23, 2003). "Nascar report – Gordon: No comment". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Atlanta, Georgia. p. C9; Section: Sports – via LexisNexis.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deanna Merryman.|