Dear Green Place
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the novel "The Dear Green Place", see Archie Hind.
||This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (December 2011)|
|Dear Green Place|
|Created by||Paul Riley|
|Written by||Paul Riley
|Directed by||Paul Riley|
|Country of origin||Scotland|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Producer(s)||Effingee Productions for BBC Scotland|
|Running time||30 mins|
|Original network||BBC One Scotland|
|Original release||19 October 2007 – 5 December 2008|
It was announced in April 2009 that BBC Scotland would not be commissioning a third series due to poor viewing figures and also having commissioned a new series of Rab C. Nesbitt and Ford Kiernan's new sitcom Happy Hollidays.
- Archie Henderson - played by Ford Kiernan
- Riordan - played by Paul Riley
- Peter McAllister - played by Paul Blair
- Woody - played by Johnny Austin
- Wallace - played by Martin Docherty
- Michelle - played by Jenny Ryan
- Tina - played by Carmen Pieraccini
- Toner - played by Michael MacKenzie
- Gavin - played by Gavin Jon Wright
- "Rocksalt": Some of the dopier lads get a crash course in rock salt, while boss Henderson takes a horse for an eventful walk.
- 'Sorry': McAllister accidentally reveals his secret relationship with Michelle and must find a way of making it up to her. Meanwhile, Henderson suffers an allergic reaction.
- "Pish": Woody and Wallace are set to fail a mandatory drugs test until Wallace's granny provides the solution. McAllister invents a bogus girlfriend to make Michelle jealous.
- "There's Been A Murder: Henderson and Toner are on the trail of a swan murderer. Riordan queues against his will for concert tickets.
- "Gimme Shelter": Riordan and Michelle find some air raid shelters in the park while Woody and Wallace are on night shift at the museum.
- "Bandstand": An eco-warrior chains himself to a bandstand threatened with demolition.
- "Beetlemania": A beetle infestation threatens the park, while pheromones mean that love is in the air.
- "Uppers and Downers": Woody and Wallace uncover a time capsule, and an insomniac Nazi tries to get some sleep.
- "Goats": Woody and Wallace have to look after cashmere goats and they attempt to sell the cashmere whilst Archie's wife Alice is locked out of the house and needs his help.
- "Waiting for Smeato": As Tina's cafe approaches its grand re-opening, everyone is wondering who the mystery guest is.
- Industrial Daftness": The parkies imitate deafness in order to get a payout from the doctors and Archie has a conflict with the bowling club over a 20 mph zone sign which causes one of the members to get run over.
- "Puppy Love": Tina installs a new tanning booth in the cafe and Peter & Michelle are on the hunt for a new pet dog.
- Series 1 DVD was released in December 2007.
- Series 2 DVD was released in December 2008.